What would you most like to change in the ecommerce world?

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
What would you most like to change in the ecommerce world?
25 Apr 2014
Open question: what would you most like to change in the whole business of selling online, if you could?

It might be an eBay policy, tax laws or other regulations, buyers' shopping habits or something completely different.

Would love to hear your thoughts!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Manchester United Kingdom
Dave - UnderstandingE
Kudos: 82
Re: What would you most like to change in the ecommerce worl
25 Apr 2014
For me the one thing I would change is the restrictions or censorships put in place by certain manufacturers on the sale of their products on the marketplaces.

I can see why they may want to protect their brand however they need to realise that the marketplaces no longer are seen as 'car boot sales'.

This leaves ecommerce sellers sometimes with products they can't sell or unable to sell the products they have on their best selling channels. This is especially true if the seller has bought this stock themselves. In which case, I believe it belongs to them and is up to them how and where they sell there products on.

I do hope that the www.choice-in-ecommerce.org/en/ petition gets the attention I think it deserves

That's just my 2 cents
UnderstandingE - Multi-Channel Software doesn't have to be expensive
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sam1221
Kudos: 43
26 Apr 2014
The eBay limits are over the top

They need to limit new sellers, that's fair enough but they keep the limits for too long and sellers can't grow. New sellers should have a probation when they first join (or start selling again after a break) but once that's complete the limits should go.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
26 Apr 2014
1. Elimination of Price Parity policies in the US for Amazon.
2. I would love to see better tracking options of international shipping (from the U.S.).
3. A competitor to eBay in the US for auction items.
4. A simple course on Google Analytics.
5. A better trademark/copyright system rather than eBay's VERO program.
Supplier
Australia Australia
neil502
Kudos: 34
27 Apr 2014
It would be nice if the world of eCommerce stood still so we could learn it, optimize our eBay and website listings and then go to the beach and relax!

Instead eCommerce is continually changing and we have to continually tweak our listings to keep them up to date with eBay's and Google's search engines.
Neil Waterhouse
Author - "Million Dollar eBay Business From Home - A Step By Step Guide"
www.neilwaterhouse.com
United States United States
Vivian K.
Kudos: 23
7 May 2014
It would be nice if a new platform that's 2014-optimized became available. EBay and Amazon are so outdated and they keep adding random bells 'n whistles to try to keep up with modern technology. It's as if they keep adding bricks on top of a shaky cardboard structure - it's bound to collapse soon. We need a new, clean, mobile-friendly platform that allows for videos etc. We've all seen the statistics of how important video is in marketing your products and how online shopping & selling is moving to mobile devices, yet I haven't seen any development that addresses this.

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office