MarketBlast

Poster
jmzaslo
Kudos: 85
MarketBlast
5 Sep 2005
I just bought MarketBlast and am committed to mastering what looks like a fantastic program. Their committment to service and education is excellent, but learning it is quite a job (and I'm not new to auction software). Any other MarketBlasters out there? Would love some templates we could share. Anyway, so far (less than 1 month) I really like it and can see the possibilities!
United States United States
djaeby
Kudos: 35
Re: MarketBlast
7 Sep 2005
I bought it too because it looked so terrific .. but OH MY GOD ... it is lacking one of the most needed things in my ebay selling .. You can't combine auctions. You can't print an invoice with more that one item on it .. I didn't get any further than that because it doesn't matter what all it can do if it can't combine auctions and shipping. I don't think you can even apply one large payment to several auctions at one time.

Diane
jmzaslo
7 Sep 2005
Diane - I hadn't even gotten to that. i can't believe I won't be able to do that. Have you checked. They seem to be marketing to "PowerSellers" who would HAVE to do that. I'm having a bunch of problems and taking the "automation class" - I'll ask. Thanks for your reply!
djaeby
8 Sep 2005
Absolutely ... without a doubt .. you cannot combine auctions at this time. As a matter of fact, I voiced my opinion of their software VERY LOUDLY and a tech person called me today. He tells me sometime within the next few weeks they will have a software update to fix that. Still, I am amazed that wasn't part of the original program. Like you said their marketing is geared towards powersellers. I tried many different programs and haven't found even one that is as good as SAPro [the original one.] but I am so sick of giving them 25 bucks a month, so I am still paying it and using MarketBlast at the same time. Waiting for an improvement. The man today says there is a program update that came out today. I am gonna download it, but he did say there is NOT a fix for the combining auctions in this update. Not sure what it updates.
Diane
jmzaslo
8 Sep 2005
Hi Diane, you are right (unbelievably!). However, I took todays class and there were 3 developers on the line. They all knew that this was priority one and said it would likely be in the next release in 1 week (but that I couldnt hold them to that date). I'm so glad you brought this up and I didn't find it out when I got an order for 2 items!

Todays update was to fix the API for Flicker and Yahoo - that's all.

They seem to listen and react pretty quickly. I also can't believe it wasn't in the initial product - but I think they get it now. Thanks for taking the lead in getting this escalated - just wanted to let you know what happened on the call. Still overwhelmed!
Regards - Jacki
djaeby
8 Sep 2005
I was real honest with the guy .. told him the software looked great .. didn't hardly play with the test software at all .. just bought the software eyes closed .. I was shocked to find that feature missing, but the rest looks great. I need to find time to take the class, but the next couple of weeks are sort of filled to the brim with catching up .. my 4 year old grandson just died and my family is a mess .. that includes me .. but I have to drag myself out of my rut and get back to work ..
djaeby
8 Sep 2005
Excuse me .. that sounded rather cold, about my grandson that is. We have been through hell for the past few months .. Nobody has had much sleep . .everyone is numb .. Sorry .. that post didn't even belong here .. Diane
jmzaslo
8 Sep 2005
my email is jackiz@optonline.net - please send me yours.
You just hit me in the gut with that news. I just can't imagine the horror. My thoughts and love are with you. Jacki
Brendan
Kudos: 55
14 Sep 2005
Diane, I am so sorry to hear about your grandson...

It seems inappropriate to even comment about business but I will say 1.11 will have combined auctions. I will commit a date of next week.

Brendan
Brendan
Kudos: 55
28 Sep 2005
Just a quick update that MarketBlast 1.11 was released today which does include combining auctions.

Best Regards

Brendan
Canada Canada
Frans
Kudos: 15
28 Sep 2005
Brendan, I'm the General Manager of iSold It Vancouver. iSold It www.i-soldit.com is the largest chain of eBay drop-off stores in the world and we are the number 1 eBay seller with over US$2 million worth of goods being sold through our stores each month and we are still growing. At eBay Live this year, I was so glad to see that 4D came up with MarketBlast. The company I used to work with in the past used 4D (back in the day when Guy Kawasaki was still around) and I still remember it was awesome. So I bought MarketBlast for the sole purpose of exploring if I could use it for our store in Vancouver. The answer is a resounding 'yes', but unfortunately, MarketBlast does not have a multi-user version and this is making it hard for me to pitch for MarketBlast in front of iSold It's management. I am recently asked to implement solutions from your competitor, Infopia, but I still firmly believe MarketBlast is much more superior since it's based on 4D (which based on my experience is still one of the best database platform in the world). I chose to contact you this way since I don't want to call your main number (408-557-4600) and risked being passed around. Please email me the phone number where you can be reached at directly. Let's talk. My email is 'gm' followed by @isolditvancouver.com. I want iSold It to use MarketBlast...
United Kingdom United Kingdom
bamrou
Kudos: 20
10 Oct 2005
I would like to purchase MarketBlast but would like to know if it will work with ebay.co.uk. Thanks
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
11 Oct 2005
Last I heard, MarketBlast does not work with eBay.co.uk but it's something they plan to look at in the future.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
bamrou
Kudos: 20
11 Oct 2005
Thanks for the answer, Andy. Much appreciated. What about Channel Advisor? I am also looking for a decent Lister. Have been using Andale's but it messes things up for me most of the time. Anyone can recommend a reliable lister which is easy to use but still has all the right features.

[Last edited: 11 Oct 2005]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
11 Oct 2005
ChannelAdvisor Merchant supports the UK but ChannelAdvisor Pro does not. I think Merchant would be overkill if listing is all you need.

Take a look at the Ad Posting category. I would try Turbo Lister (if you haven't already!), SpoonFeeder, and maybe The Poster Toaster.

If you need auction management features too here is a list of auction managers that support eBay.co.uk.

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics