Channel Advisor - the ONLY e-commerce solution

Poster
stylecentre
Kudos: 109
Channel Advisor - the ONLY e-commerce solution
21 May 2014
We are a small to medium size company that sells high end fashion items and not so long ago we decided to sign up to ChannelAdvisor to help manage our stock across multiple platforms and help us launch quickly into multiple marketplaces.

I can only speak highly of the service we have received from Channel Advisor since we signed up over 12 months ago. Our company had to take some time to prepare our data which we were helped with at every step, having every query answered within 24 hours (usually a lot less) and our launch manager was simply brilliant at both training us and take care of any problems.

Since we have launched we now sell on over 15 different markets across the world and our stock is managed from one central location. Before Channel Advisor it took us 3 months to launch on a new platform with our vast inventory, we managed to launch on 10 different platforms within 6 weeks and we have seen a sharp increase in both sales and profit as well as saving huge amounts of time handling stock across multiple platforms.

Having Channel Advisor has saved our business hiring at least 2 extra employees and have enable us to sell in markets many months before we could have manually achieved this, so in terms of cost it has been well worth it as a business decision.

I feel the great strength of Channel Advisor is that they are ahead of the competition, they are securing agreements with some of the largest marketplaces in the world and always looking for ways to bring their customers to new markets, so when we are planning for the future of our business, we do not need to worry about where to go next or how we can even start to go about selling in a certain market, Channel Advisor take care of that and we are currently launching our products in New Zealand and next we will be looking to China, Japan and South America, all through Channel Advisor and their partnerships with the biggest marketplaces in these regions.

I cannot recommend them highly enough as a business that has been using the platform for over a year now and has expanded rapidly and has numerous opportunities worldwide for our business to grow. If you sell online you owe it to your business to at least speak with ChannelAdvisor first.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
Re: Channel Advisor - the ONLY e-commerce solution
22 May 2014
Uh, no. They have bad service, horrible web solution, and charge a fortune. How about a percentage of your revenue before they gave done anything? Love how people sign up on web retailer and post long glowing reviews right off the bat.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
stylecentre
Kudos: 109
23 May 2014
Jax, their service levels are second to none, every issue, query or problem our business has had, even if it is not something directly involving them they have helped us with. All issues have been resolved in less than 24 hours and we are constantly trying to keep up with them with the opportunities they are creating in new markets all over the world.

They are not the cheapest solution, I accept that point, however they are the best and they are ahead of the competition, just at the recent catalyst we attended in both Las Vegas and London we were presented with opportunities to meet with people from the biggest marketplaces in China, Russia, New Zealand, South America and Japan to name the main markets we were not yet in and we are currently working on launches in these regions. Our sales are up in the markets we already sell in and we are taking more money in the new markets we launched in instantly thanks to Channel Advisor. We don't have to look for opportunities or where to expand our business as they are doing that for us and they are doing it in the biggest and more difficult markets to access also.

It is not the cheapest solution but charge a fortune is an excessive way to describe the costs, we are a smaller size business and we found it very affordable and certainly even more so now we are reaping the benefits.

To give an analogy we feel we are buying a Mercedes, they are not cheap, they are expensive compared to a lot of cars, but we are getting the performance of a Ferrari, far exceeding our expectations and more value for our money as we have saved the cost of hiring more staff, we are saving far more time managing stock levels and launching onto new marketplaces ourselves and most importantly we are selling more and making more while also being given opportunities to continue to grow and move into new markets.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
23 May 2014
Well, I wrote my own system in 2 months. My time plus about $1500 in IT consultants. Works fast and accurate. Additional costs is a good website, Volusion, easy to use, easy to customize, $99 a month. Has a great API. If it works for you, great, however, you are in the minority when it comes to Channel Advisor. Perhaps you are big enough to get some real attention from them. I never heard from them after the contract was signed and until I decided to give them the 50 day notice after the first year. Channel Advisor (at the time, no idea what they do know) offered no phone service and email service was slow. For my website service now, I can get 24 hour phone support for about 1/10th of what I was paying channel advisor.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware