eBay Top Rated or Power Sellers

Poster
patrickscurley
Kudos: 20
eBay Top Rated or Power Sellers
22 May 2014
Can any Top Rated or Power Sellers give some inside advice?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: eBay Top Rated or Power Sellers
23 May 2014
Hi Patrick, thanks for posting.

What in particular are you looking for advice on?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
patrickscurley
Kudos: 20
23 May 2014
Any advice as a seller. For example, how to right the best tittles for your listings. I don't want to here quotes from the eBay help topic section.
Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
migladin2
Kudos: 28
23 May 2014
Hi there - just joined - I am ebay TRS in the UK - and post a lot on the forums there - mostly the PS board. Reading the forums is a good place to start - you don't have to agree with everything there.

TRS has different criteria in the UK and the USA - but good titles need the same things.

There is a body of thought that right now - the first 3 words are crucial - and I have had some success with changing mine in line with this. This is reputed to be Cassini based - but there is much argument about it.

So - good to start with "Cat soft toy" - not "black and white" .

Also - try to leave out words which will get lots of hits from other items - I find small / medium / large to be listing killers. They are just used too much. put the size in inches or centimeters - or forget it.

Best thing to do is to imagine you are a customer in a hurry who wants to buy a "shredder" .

Because you are self-focused - you forget that there are garden leaf shredders and paper shredders and so on - and you type in the word you used to tell your partner you were going to buy one this morning.

Shredder.

Then you notice that there are other sorts of shredders - and you qualify it.

Work like this - use a browser you don't sign in with - and look for your items. See where you are and what happens.

What should work is what people actually do ( though it is debatable if ebay search is working like this right now.......)

Supplier
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
27 Jun 2014
Rather than Going through what others say. Try out your own Calculations

Here's a Spreadsheet that will help you to calculate your Profit on eBay. Ofcourse, you can change things as you like

eBay Profit Calculator

[Last edited: 27 Jun 2014]
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco