Need recommendations for multi auction software

Poster
muut
Kudos: 15
Need recommendations for multi auction software
25 Sep 2005
I'd like to sell on Ebay, Yahoo and Overstock and wanted to know if anyone can recommend an auction management software.

Initally, I was leaning towards Shooting Star but realized it doesn't handle Yahoo and Overstock.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,664
Re: Need recommendations for multi auction softwar
28 Sep 2005
Hi, these auction managers support Yahoo and these support Overstock.

The overlap includes Auction Wizard 2000, ChannelAdvisor Pro, Infopia Marketplace Manager, Marketworks, and Zoovy.

Hope that helps!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
edgeman
Kudos: 40
23 Oct 2005
Hello,

I was also looking for Online Auction management software (Web/Desktop) that would interface with Ebay(US/AU), Overstock, Amazon, and Yahoo. Any ideas ???

Initially, I was aiming towards Zoovy but a bit expensive for just starting out .

[Last edited: 24 Oct 2005]
Andy
25 Oct 2005
Hi edgeman, welcome to the forum

To the best of my knowledge, Zoovy, Infopia and ChannelAdvisor Pro don't support eBay AU, and Marketworks doesn't support Amazon yet (they say it's coming soon). Auction Wizard 2000 doesn't support Amazon or eBay AU.

So you might be out of luck...
edgeman
26 Oct 2005
Hello Andy,

Thank you for that welcome !! As far as Ebay AU goes, I will manage that site manually. After more research, it would appear that ChannelAdvisor may be a good fit for auctions on Ebay Us, Amazon,Overstock, and Yahoo.

Any ideas ??? Also, upon browsing the website for Infopia, I cannot get a feel for the cost of using their product. Pricing appears to be a mystery.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments. I find some great information onyour auctionsoftwarereview website.

edgeman
Andy
26 Oct 2005
I'm glad you are finding the site helpful.

Yes, Infopia do keep their pricing under wraps. A few vendors do that and it doesn't always mean they are expensive, but you will have to invest more of your time just to find out what it will cost.

ChannelAdvisor can be a little confusing, as they have two completely separate products: ChannelAdvisor Pro is for smaller sellers, and ChannelAdvisor Merchant is the volume-seller application with lots of automation features etc. Unfortunately, it's Pro that has the multi-site support, Merchant is eBay only (but multi-country!).

Good luck, and any product reviews you can contribute will be much appreciated.
edgeman
28 Oct 2005
Hi Andy,

Thanks for more input!! I am trying out ChannelAdvisor Pro on their 14 day trial. Wish me luck !!
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Poppygirl
Kudos: 211
1 Nov 2005
Merchant supports amazon! Tried and tested! Plus in the us it supports yahoo and overstock.
edgeman
1 Nov 2005
Hello Hair,

ChannelAdvisor Merchant now supports Amazon ?? Perhaps, I misunderstood... I thought Channeladvisor Merchant only handled Ebay US ??? I will have to check this out further. I am working with ChannelAdvisor Pro on a trial period.

thanks for your input !!!

edgeman
Andy
1 Nov 2005
I just double checked and I'm pretty confused myself by ChannelAdvisor's information. This page only mentions eBay sites and Amazon.co.uk.

I've asked them to clarify!
Andy
1 Nov 2005
OK, I've got a clear answer:

ChannelAdvisor Merchant

Supported US sites: All of the ones shown in this diagram - www.channeladvisor.com/solutions/marketplaces.asp PLUS Amazon.com

Supported UK sites: eBay.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk + the UK versions of six shopping comparison engines (Kelkoo, Shopzilla, Shopping.com, Froogle, Nextag, Pricegrabber)

Other supported sites: eBay France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, Canada.

ChannelAdvisor Pro is a US-only product and does not support any marketplaces outside the US.

[Last edited: 1 Nov 2005]

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware