Mpire

Poster
mikey
Kudos: 20
Mpire
28 Sep 2005
I have been using Mpire for last 10 days. It is easy in many ways and has promise but i keep hgetting glitches. The support there however is awesome. I WANT THIS to work but right now feel like it is almost a work in process beta.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
Re: Mpire
28 Sep 2005
Hi Mikey, welcome to the site.

It would be great if you could post a review of Mpire based on your experience so far (you can update it in the future if your opinion changes).

The Mpire page is here.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
thewebenterprise
Kudos: 30
12 Oct 2005
I used Mpire for about 60 days hoping that it would be the software for me. Well, not exactly. I don't like the way it is layed out, the whole process to list one item takes way too long. I can see that it might be good for small seller, but not a high volume seller. It is definately still a beta program even though they released it somewhat prematurely. I just couldn't put up with it's little quircks any longer and won't be using it anymore.

On the plus side, they are very friendly and willing to change the software, maybe as it evolves it might turn into something great, but for right now I would stay away. I would say MarketBlast is better, but it too has its limitations. At this time I do not know of any auction software that I would rate 5 stars.
iubhounds
Kudos: 15
27 Oct 2005
newebenterprise....what are you presently using ? I am not large but not small, although my activity as been nill as I search for a 3rd party software. I dont like the templates that Mpire uses, MarketBlast did not work for me. Vendio I did like but didnt like paying the additional fees for listing.
thewebenterprise
Kudos: 30
27 Oct 2005
There really is no good software that I know of. Auctiva is free and easy to use, not exactly for me though. MarketBlast maybe good in the future, but for now I use eBay's own tools. Nothing works better with eBay than there own tools. TurboLister to list, I use the store to somewhat track my inventory and good old fashioned notebook paper that has never let me down. If you find something good let me know.
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
1 Dec 2005
First let me state, Mpire probably has the most responsive customer support of all the online auction management companies combined. Anyone that has deal with Mpire cannot deny this. If it is something they can fix or do for you, they really do try. This is really refreshing is this day and age of betas being put out as finished products.

With that said, I just got through trying Mpire (again) and the speed of their site reminds me of the days of 2400K dial up modems. I was experiencing 20-30 seconds delays in between windows/responses. I have a hi-speed 3 MB internet connection and am not experiencing delays at other sites. The frontline support techs can't do anything about it. They acknowledge the problem, they inform you it is beyond their means to fix it and that Mpire is working deligently to increase the speed of their site. Again it is refeshing that they acknowledge the issue and apoligize for it even though they couldn't resolve it for me. This is good customer service even in the middle of an issue.

I had to cancel my account. Though I am a powerseller, I only run about 500 items through my eBay store (that is small compared to lot more folks), the time to manage them through Mpire at this point is just not practical.

Once they get through their "unofficial" beta stage and have their product ready for the masses, I think Mpire combined with their customer service is going to be a leader in the auction management arena.

I gues I am stuck with Sales Manager Pro and TurboLister. Occasionally Auctiva but wish it was more flexible on the fly. Hate creating 15 million profiles.

[Last edited: 1 Dec 2005]
Singapore Singapore
andyshea
Kudos: 20
20 Dec 2005

jwjohnson wrote:

I gues I am stuck with Sales Manager Pro and TurboLister. Occasionally Auctiva but wish it was more flexible on the fly. Hate creating 15 million profiles.
Hi,

Out of curosity, what do you mean by creating 15 million profiles? I thought Auctiva is not too bad, whats in it that you don't like?

Thank you

Andy

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro