Which inventory control software do you use and why ?
Closed

Poster
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,254
Which inventory control software do you use and why ?
26 Jun 2014
Loads of new sellers want to know the best way of keeping their inventory correct when selling over multiple platforms. Do you want to share your experiences ?

The pros as well as the cons would be useful as after all, no matter what anybody says, no software solution is 100% perfect.

[Last edited: 26 Jun 2014]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Supplier
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
Re: Which inventory control software do you use and why ?
26 Jun 2014
You are correct in saying no system is perfect.

The best way to go forward in choosing the right multichannel software is find out

1. Your Need
2. Budget

and match up right software to the maximum extent.

Just for example Veeqo is a new Kid in the block with affordable £60/month for a business upto 1000 products.

There are plenty others to choose from though !

[Last edited: 26 Jun 2014]
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
26 Jun 2014
I agree with DayToDayEbay. The best way is to figure out which works best for you, as we've found every business has different requirements.

However, there are solutions that are better then most, but that solution might not be the best for your business. Some of the solutions we use are:

1. Custom built Magento web site with M2EPro plugin and additional plugins that work well for your specific busienss
2. eSeller Pro.
3. Linnworks
4. Channel Advisor
5. SixBit Software
6. Solid Commerce
7. Flow
8. Teapplix

Whatever software you choose to go with, make sure it integrates into your business well, especially your accounting software and carriers. The software should also help you automate a lot of redundant tasks so you can cut your costs and use that time saved to grow your business.
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
Supplier
United States United States
tiana.byers
Kudos: 70
2 Jul 2014
Hey BigIan13,

I second what everyone is saying- it is really about narrowing down your priorities as a business and what you need in order to grow, in conjunction with your budget. I work for an inventory control software company, so I am biased, but I have seen a lot of quality tools out there for sellers. Personally, (and this is just me speaking as a person, not as an inventory software employee), I think that one of the most important factors in deciding who to use is which company's people will genuinely care about you and your success...and work hard to help you achieve your goals. For small business, especially where sellers may not be as fluent in the back-end ops of a web-based system - or may not even know exactly what they need, it’s got to be a relief to find a company who is sincere about providing help. Fortunately, there are a great many who offer this kind of compassion driven service. We regularly hear from our customers that they have researched 30+ companies before we made their short list. If you’re looking for suggestions of different software options, you’re definitely in the right place; WebRetailer does a nice job providing information, expert knowledge and updates to stay on top of things for you. I know my VP of marketing and my VP of product development hear all kinds of good/bad about our competitors and other in our space as they talk to customers - feel free to reach out directly if you've narrowed your choices to a short list and really need some direct advice. I hope you find exactly what you’re looking for!

Tiana with Ecomdash
Shenzen China Australia
Tim298
Kudos: 446
5 Jul 2014
Hi there,

A slightly different perspective from us as Suppliers.

This is one of the biggest for us as a supplier selling through multiple channels and with a number of partners in various locations, we have access to more than 6000 sku and our warehouse has items stocked from single sample units up to 10k pieces or more for HOT sellers. We have a custom stock management solution within our logistics department, but for our sellers, we keep them informed on a weekly basis of what the stock level of the items they focus on are, we also monitor the manufacturing times very quickly in case we need to get a fast order in to top up stocks that get depleted.

Its really interesting to read these responses from the views of the sellers!

Cheers
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
10 Jul 2014
Thanks for tossing our name in the ring, 2nd Office!

Solid Commerce definitely fits the profile, here -- if anyone has any specific questions, they're more than welcome to reach out and ask me.

Good luck!
Ahmedabad India
vshah1585
Kudos: 40
23 Jun 2016
@Bigian13

I know that its too late to reply this question but, I think my answer will be helpful to you...

I have a list of Best Inventory Control Software.... Please find below link for the same may be it will be useful to you and other also.

www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-10-...ommerce-marketplace-jigar-modi

Thank you.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
23 Jun 2016
After bad experiences with Channel Advisor and Zoovy (amazingly bad), we ended up writing our own. I just found that most of these things charge way too much for what they offer and they provide almost zero service options. Chad Rubin's Skubana product looks very promising
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,254
2 Jul 2016
Wow, a post from two years ago made it back to the 1st page !!!

So in the two years since the original post, what has changed in the world of inventory control software ?

The main players in this market have continued to grow, expanding their client base as well as the selling channels that they support which is essential to serious e-tailers (amongst other things). Several have disappeared though, consigned to the eternal 'beta testing' phase or 'site being updated'. In other words never to be seen or heard of again.

There are a few new startups, some more popular than others (some in beta testing and have been for ages), and some growing in popularity. However unless they can offer something that the others do not, or offer better value for money, then it will be a uphill battle for them.

I do feel sorry for those that made the wrong choice two years ago in choosing their software. Migrating, relisting and repricing can be a major pain, but who knows what is down the line for the current major software providers in another two years time.

Those that have written their own software such as @Jax Music Supply have to afford the expense of writing / customising software to expand into different markets. Something that is not available to most, however it does provide some serious benefits and is not to be overlooked.

Software providers to e-commerce sellers, now more than ever, need to provide a reliable, secure solution that is expandable. They also need to listen to their clients needs as they, and e-commerce evolve and expand.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder