Mobile Responsive eBay Listing

Poster
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
Mobile Responsive eBay Listing
27 Jun 2014
Have you started thinking of Mobile Responsive Listing for eBay Yet ?

Here's one example

[Last edited: 26 Feb 2016]
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,664
Re: Mobile Responsive eBay Listing
27 Jun 2014
Thanks for bringing this up - there's some strongly opposed opinions on this topic so it merits an open discussion

Some people say you should strip all design from eBay listings to be mobile-friendly, but a good responsive design gives the best of both worlds - rich design with branding on desktop/tablet and good usability without throwing out all the branding on phones.

I guess it's down to the skill of the designer and thorough testing on a range of devices.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Ocean City, NJ United States
OC Designs Online
Kudos: 33
27 Jun 2014
Hi guys,

Actually responsive ebay design templates are very popular right now. We have a few ebay sellers we've designed responsive templates for just for the reasons you mentioned, keep your branding, but still stand out.

If you want to compare on desktop and mobile devices, take a look at the links below:

www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Aspire-7...boards&hash=item43c873f961

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Learn-How-...460609?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

It depends on the person you speak to with regard to if doing custom html templates on ebay listings is a good idea.

Why do you think all the big brands have custom branded designs, if having custom html templates on your listings was bad for business they would avoid it. Not to mention, look at your competitors and who is doing the most sales, do they have a template or are they straight white background on their ebay listing. If they were truly bad for business, these sellers would not be doing tons of sales.

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend everyone!

Frannie Kline
Owner, OCDesignsonline
www.ocdesignsonline.com

Andy wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up - there's some strongly opposed opinions on this topic so it merits an open discussion

Some people say you should strip all design from eBay listings to be mobile-friendly, but a good responsive design gives the best of both worlds - rich design with branding on desktop/tablet and good usability without throwing out all the branding on phones.

I guess it's down to the skill of the designer and thorough testing on a range of devices.
Supplier
Manchester United Kingdom
james164
Kudos: 46
30 Jun 2014
Hello,

I can see why certain sellers don't like using fancy templates when they become responsive. Even a well built design can break down on a smaller device if it was not designed to be responsive. You may end up with features that are too large to see, involve too much scrolling and zooming.

However as an eBay developer I build in a responsive manner. If you think about how you want your template laid out when it becomes smaller on a phone for example, you can style the template appropriately. You can strip out anything that is unwanted for the smaller device, and you can make the main text be perfectly readable whilst maintaining the same branding that you would full screen.

All the main brands look to have a top-notch design, yet none of them have just plain text for smaller devices so it must work. Personally I believe that responsive is a necessity in web development at current times, and this flows out to eBay too.

I've built a large number of stores, my most recent responsive one would be the Office Shoes store. An example item would he here: www.ebay.com/itm/271530255022

Maybe not everyone has the ability to have their designs put into a responsive template, but I would certainly reccomend it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Newbert-Breen, eBay Integration Architct, Redstar.
www.redstar.co.uk
Supplier
United States United States
DreamWare Inc
Kudos: 38
1 Jul 2014
Try using World Lister. Every listing created from WorldLister.co is responsive, includes custom background colors, embedding of a YouTube video, and there is absolutely no coding or stripping of code required. And it's absolutely free.
Supplier
james164
1 Jul 2014
Can you show any examples of listings using your software? I couldn't see any when I had a quick look on your website. It looks like a useful tool if you want a cheap and cheerful listing if you are on a budget.

We don't offer free listings at redstar.co.uk but we do offer bespoke high quality templates, storefronts and widgets...

WorldLister wrote:

Try using World Lister. Every listing created from WorldLister.co is responsive, includes custom background colors, embedding of a YouTube video, and there is absolutely no coding or stripping of code required. And it's absolutely free.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.redstar.co.uk
Supplier
DreamWare Inc
1 Jul 2014
Here is a live listing: www.ebay.com/itm/Refuge-Blue-7...A_WC_Jeans&hash=item19ede3d392

It is customizable, includes measurements for clothing (if the user provides them), and shows seller's other items at the bottom of each listing.
Supplier
james164
1 Jul 2014
That's a great little software you have there. It's great for the small sellers that want to be able to update bulk listings with a better format than just plain old text... If I have anyone that doesn't want to pay for the bespoke designs and features we do I may point them your way.

Do you offer shopfront designs too?
The custom ones are hard to make responsive these days when you use the eBay custom storefront templates but this is something we will be able to offer shortly:

Our normal eBay storefront's look something like this:
stores.ebay.co.uk/OfficeShoes

I will be revising these to make them resposive though as I think it is quite crucial these days...
www.redstar.co.uk
Supplier
Birmingham United Kingdom
Kidsontalks
Kudos: 57
2 Jul 2014
I did this free responsive template code about 18 mths ago with which you can take these principles and make your existing design responsive.

Kidsontalks FREE Responsive eBay Template Samples

It hasn't been updated since then however, many professional eBay design companies have taken the code and reused it as their own

Some sellers who used this code back then noticed around a 50% increase in sales almost instantly. Proof that eBay users were still using the description

Here is the story: kidsontalks.com/tag/responsive-ebay-design/

[Last edited: 2 Jul 2014]
Supplier
DreamWare Inc
2 Jul 2014
Thank you, James. That sounds great. We are working on templates as well and several other features before we come out of beta. Currently, we're only available for eBay US but plan on adding additional marketplaces very soon.
Responsive design is the future since more and more people shop - and now also sell - from mobile devices!
United Kingdom United Kingdom
memillions
Kudos: 15
Can I use this software to list on ebay.co.uk
21 Feb 2016
Kindly confirm please if I can use this software to list on ebay.co.uk. I am new to ebay please kindly reply,

Thanks alot

[Last edited: 21 Feb 2016]
Supplier
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
26 Feb 2016
Hi ( memillions)

I think the point made on this point was whether you use software or custom made templates it is good have it responsive.

I have not used templates yet as we do our own design but worth trailing any available software.

If there is still confusion please do let us know.
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor