What change has made the biggest difference to your revenue?

Poster
Australia Australia
Waterhouse Research
Kudos: 78
What change has made the biggest difference to your revenue?
1 Jul 2014
I'm sure others can relate to this. My "to do" list has pages and pages of ideas and experiments to test however the problem is always trying to prioritize which change to implement next? Which one of these changes / improvements is the most likely to get the biggest results.

Which change to your ecommerce store has made the biggest difference to your revenue in 2014?
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
Re: What change has made the biggest difference to your reve
10 Jul 2014
A lot of sellers I've spoken with have found that refining the shipping/fulfillment process is a big way to save time and money.

Whether it's finding a better postage provider or going with a new shipping carrier or simply tweaking the picking and packing process, there are a ton of ways that online sellers can look at their shipping setups and find ways to make a bit more money.
Shenzen China Australia
Tim298
Kudos: 446
11 Jul 2014
Interesting, I agree, shipping and fulfilment are huge areas of cost and variation and really understanding these aspects can be crucial to returns.

As a supplier, it has been the partnerships which have made the biggest difference, we sell to people and companies and b to c sites and others, but its the ones that get to know us and us them, that see the supply to customer relationship through them as a partnership that really brings in the best returns for us. Its an approach we try to take with all - but sometimes the perspective of suppliers is damaged from previous experiences and takes time to resolve.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,316
13 Jul 2014
Shipping is a good thing to change, but not just for cost.

We now have a courier that texts / emails the customer with an approximate time for delivery as well as the option to reschedule delivery. This costs slightly more than our previous courier, but is a service that the customer now wants / expects. This won't increase sales on its own, but will increase customer satisfaction.

The biggest change to increasing our sales was increasing our product base. We are now starting to increase our range, which then increases our repeat sales.

As for the "to do list" this is extending beyond belief. Must employ someone to deal with the "to do list". Add this to the "to do list" !
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics