Zoovy... Any thoughts?

Poster
BCF-Enterprises
Kudos: 30
Zoovy... Any thoughts?
12 Oct 2005
I'm considering moving 2 of my 5 storefronts (all of which sell on ebay, overstock and through froogle, shopping.com, etc.) from Marketworks to Zoovy.

Right now, for the more successful two stores I am paying $200-300 per month on one and about $100 on the other through MW. Adding in the Zoovy features i'll probably need, it'll be about $150 for each site per month plus the set up fee of $399 per site.

Anyone else using Zoovy? ARe there problems with downtime.? Do customers find it cumbersome or simple? Is the back end system easy to get around for someone who's pretty computer savvy?

Also, does it integrate easily with EBAY, Overstock, etc. And once I set things up, can I sit back and just handle orders and do some quick promotions, or do I have to do a lot of maintenance on the back end.?

I basically need a professional looking storefront that ALSO posts auctions on ebay. I am trying to get away from selling as much on ebay because the fees are getting outrageous! So my main priority is a nice looking, fully functional store, that also automates the entire auction process.

Any thoughts. I've signed up for the free test drive, but wanted to see what others who use Zoovy think of their service.

Thanks!
United States United States
BCF-Enterprises
Re: Zoovy... Any thoughts?
12 Oct 2005
Ooops almost forgot... how easy (or difficult) is it to upload products and images from a .csv file into Zoovy. I've got thousands of products and I DO NOT want to re-invent the wheel!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
16 Oct 2005
Hi there are four reviews of Zoovy currently.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
25 Oct 2005
Zoovy's Batch Launcher supports CSV upload.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
jj28west
Kudos: 75
3 Nov 2005
I have had very bad experiences atytempting to move to Zoovy, I don't suggest it. Poor service. No one avaliable to do the work to move your things..
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
3 Nov 2005
You got to admit, Zoovy website is very enticing and well thought out. Here comes the but! Why can't they tell you up front what the cost is for their services?

First thought is they want to cut down the traffic from the part time sellers. But then again, having the price out front would do so.

When I was looking (still am), I completed the form from Zoovy and then a sales rep called me. I don't resent the lady trying to make a living but it just kind of bothered me.

I haven't checked in about 1 year but at that time they wanted $300 up front. plus their monthly fees. I am sure their service is worth that value but still my question, why can't they state that up front.

It is like buying a car, you got to talk to the dreaded car dealership and play their games before you get the real price. It is enough hassles setting up a web site, auction management, etc without having this type of aggravation up front. Fortunately, there are more fish in the pond to work with.

[Last edited: 6 Nov 2005]
BCF-Enterprises
9 Nov 2005

I was really hoping I'd hear good things about Zoovy. The $300 bucks upfront doesn't bother me, nor do the monthly fees (I pay in excess of 300 per month with Marketworks right now)

Service is a huge issue for me, and functionality. There has been so much down time on Marketworks, that I'm losing business, but I dont' want to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Any other suggestions for hosting an ecommerce site with auction integration (Overstock and ebay).???
raleigh3
18 Nov 2005
It seems to be that you would have to use a couple of services. It is a real pain that no one source will provide everything. I have heard lots of rumors about Google Base, but that has yet to come out. It is still in beta, but it looks simple to use, and would support multiple fronts.
superseller
Kudos: 45
6 Dec 2005
Zoovy costs are a bit more than other companies. However their service is top notch. They really care about their customers. Their software isn't super feature rich, but everything they do have functions the way it should. Their design could use a little updating. Good for medium sized volume sales.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware