Auction Management

Poster
cookiecat
Kudos: 25
Auction Management
30 Oct 2005
I am looking for a basic auction management tool for ebay.

I would like these features that I feel are important. I don't need bells & whistles because I would never understand them. I would like some honest advice.

Image hostingA gallery where potential buyers looking at an item can also see what else I have for saleintegrated counter system to track hits, times, and bids

Currently I am using spare dollar, and they have become quite unreliable. But they are "basic" and I understand it.

Thanks a Bunch!
Robyn
bark_avenue_vt
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
Re: Auction Management
30 Oct 2005
This forum is a good place to start. Read the "Software and Services" area of this forum and you will find a wealth of information from people who have tried this and that. You will probably find your answers

If that doesn't work, then go to www.webretailer.com
and read the reviews for each of the programs for either web-based or desktop applications. There is a wealth of information on those pages. The only thing that Auction software review lacks regarding those listings is whether the software is still current and when it was last updated. that part would be really helpful. Hint, hint Andy!

good luck.
United States United States
cookiecat
30 Oct 2005
I did that, and then decided to post here. To be honest, I just couldn't understand all the tech talk. I was lost in a sea of whistles and bells and things I couldn't decipher. I read for hours last night. I just want these 3 things and was hoping someone could just tell me which one had it. Simplified. I know very little about web based things, but my auctions and sales do good on ebay. I just need to upload pics & put them into a template, then schedule the listing. Sometimes I have to work on the computer late at night and I can put my listings in for the time I need them.

I like having one place to go to manage things, and I would just use ebay but I am nickle & dimed to death there, its just not cost prohibitive for me to use ebay.

Thanks
Robyn
bark_avenue_vt
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
30 Oct 2005
Auctiva has what you are looking for. It is free including the image hosting. They have a gallery, large size pictures so that on ebay when buyer clicks it on, the image gets larger (provider you had a large image to start with). they have a check out but it may not be for you so.

In Auctiva their functions are automatically turned on. I would suggest before doing anything you go to the preferences and turn off everthing and then turn back on only the features you want to use.

There is no "real" inventory management or post sale management except a winning bidders notification email but again, think about it before activating. Support has been responsive to my emails.

Hope this helps.
United States United States
cookiecat
30 Oct 2005
Thank you so much. I am checking it out now.

I certainly don't mind a monthly fee. Because I believe you get what you pay for, but my needs are so minimal, and I hate to pay for 15 different things I really won't use.

I appreciate your help.

Robyn
bark_avenue_vt

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder