If You Are Serious About Your Online Business, Then MarketWorks May Be For You!

Poster
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
starstarstarstardim star
If You Are Serious About Your Online Business, Then MarketWorks May Be For You!
6 Nov 2005
This is my 3rd go around to try and use Marketworks. It has everything a seller could possibly want to sell online at eBay, Yahoo, Amazon, and Overstock. It even has a basic web store. More importantly, they recognize the importance of being able to sell off the online auctions and through your store. They have datafeeds to Froogle, Shopzilla, and several of the other major shopping/comparison sites.

The inventory management system is excellent and allows for upload and exporting products. This is a nice feature for those who use fulfillment services for their product inventory. It appears to have some strong marketing potential. The post sale management is good. Your emails are customizable as well as what and when they are sent out.

The biggest issue is that their instructions, though detail, do not always make sense. I consider myself to be technically savvy (MCSE certified). I have now printed out all their documents so I can have them by my side as I try and set this up. I believe the secret is to setup your profiles and do one or 2 listings and follow the results through completion. Keep your old system to continue your business while you build your “system on MarketWorks”. I working on it and believe the end results will be worth the monthly cost. If is was a tab easier to setup, I would give it 5 stars instead of 4.

Monthly cost is $29.95 OR 2% of closing sales whichever is greater. Not both. If you sell something through your store, the cost to MarketWorks is 3% of the closing sales price.

Bottom-line, this system is pretty good but it is going to require you to invest some time mastering it. Don’t sign up unless you are serious about your online business.
Report review abuse

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister