Major Efficiency Problems

Poster
koiauctions
Kudos: 25
Major Efficiency Problems
12 Nov 2005
Hi everyone,

We run an EBAY store that does about 10k a month in sales. We have been adding listings for about 2 years now, and everything is cluttered. We have no real quick way of making sure what is selling, what isn't selling etc. Basically I am looking for a solution to this problem. We have about 400 listings active at all times. I am sure we are losing hundreds of dollars a month in EBAY fees, and even more in lost sales opportunity. Can you recommend something that would work for someone already so entrenched?? We have listings relisting automatically already, so I am not sure if this is something we need. Thanks!
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
Re: Major Efficiency Problems
12 Nov 2005
What is the name of your ebay store? If you don't mind, I would like to take a look at it and see what you are talking about.

Thanks,
United States United States
koiauctions
14 Nov 2005
koilagoon

Thanks!
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
14 Nov 2005
I have cut and pasted (that way I don't have a typo),your store name "koilagoon" on ebay.com, ebay.au, and ebay.uk and your store does NOT come up.

Oops, I found it and the name is "The-Koi-Lagoon". Helps to have correct name.

Your store is nice looking but unfortunately, eBay stores don't really provide a way to determine easily what is moving and what is not.

The Andale counters (Free) don't really give you much information except total traffic but not where it comes from, how long they stay, etc.

I noticed that you are using SM Pro which has drawbacks. It is good for sending out auto emails, etc.

I did a google search and found what I think is your website. Just curious but why do you use googlemail instead of your website domain name, since that is free advertising for you when you email folks?

You may already be doing this but if your website is using OSCommerce, you might review AuctionBlox.com product that would merge your web business with your ebay business and make the management much easier.

Also Marketworks reporting is good but has a steep learning curve to their products. Also, review Sellathon.com for their products that may help you regarding your reporting.

Jerry

[Last edited: 14 Nov 2005]
United States United States
koiauctions
15 Nov 2005
What should typical EBAY fees be as a percentage of total gross sales?

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister