Marketworks-best multi platform management system?

Poster
martinscott
Kudos: 25
Marketworks-best multi platform management system?
23 Nov 2005
I've been looking through all these auction management tools and am getting confused now.
I want to find the best tool for making bulk listings on multiple auction sites, which also allows easy customer management and sales reporting. Ideally i would be able to either hold my database on my own computer or be able to synchronise a hosted database to one of my own. a store would be cool too.
So far Marketworks seems the best choice. has anybody got opinions, advice or experience they could pass on. please!!
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
Re: Marketworks-best multi platform management sys
26 Nov 2005
Marketworks is pretty good but has some down side to it. One, it is very time intensive to learn. Suggest you read the reviews on Marketworks for more information.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
martinscott
26 Nov 2005
thanks. i have read all the reviews but i'm still left a bit undecided between it and Channel Advisor. have you used either of them and if so and how helpful did you find them?
Supplier
sellthemoon
Kudos: 270
26 Nov 2005
We tried to use Marketworks because Channel Advisor isn`t multi ID. Take a trial of each and see what suits, but be warned - the learning curve for Marketworks approaches vertical!
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
26 Nov 2005
sellthemoon is correct, Marketworks has a steep learning curve. I have tried both. I like Channel Advisor Pro and it has the ability to post auctions to not only ebay but also Yahoo, Overstock, and Amazon. Unfortunately, that is it. They don't list datafeeds to Froogle or any of the other online shopping guides nor do they provide a way for you to do it yourself. Channel Advisor Merchant does provide these market datafeeds but the cost escalates tremendously. Marketworks also has a 500 listing closures each month so if you got more than 500 listings, you are going to pay more than the $29.95.

Both programs have checkout features which means that if you create an ad through Marketworks or Channel Advisor Pro and decide that you don't want to stay and close your account but the ad is still running. Well, if that auction is positive, the buyer will be re-directed to Marketworks or Channel Advisor depending where you created it, but they won't be able to check out. It becomes a real pain to get payment from the buyer. Makes the buyer experience not good because of the problems in trying to give you money. Stuff I learned the hardway. So go slow on turning on features. It can bite you if you leave them.

[Last edited: 1 Dec 2005]
martinscott
27 Nov 2005
thanks both of you. too many people are saying the same thing about Marketworks now, we thought we were quite it savvy and would be able to pick it up easy enough but beginnind to wonder now! i had been looking at Channel Advisor as well and to their credit they called me back explaining a lot of their features(without going too heavily into sales pitch!), but i hadn't considered the problem with checkout. that presumably would be a similar problem if i had them set up a web site for me. do you, then, use an independent web site and check out?

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro