I am thinking about using Kyozou, Pros or Cons

Poster
auctioncom
Kudos: 15
Re: I am thinking about using Kyozou, Pros or Cons
21 Dec 2005
I guess you've been extremely lucky Raul. I've been on Kyozou for a while now. Promising features, but the software is very buggy and beta-mode. Although they're very nice on the phone, they're not much they can do to solve customer problems created by the software. The big problem is that customers are often charged incorrectly during checkout, and I have to spend a lot of time each day changing orders by hand. Also, lots of server downtime lately. It ends up being a very time consuming system to use if you're doing any kind of volume.
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
3 Jan 2007
Sounds like some of the problems you two are having can be traced to improper setup in the control panel, or errors in listings.

Those are really the only two things that screw up Kyozou's order manager or shipping calculator - when an item or setup option has incorrect or incomplete information.
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com
United States United States
Seller1
Kudos: 385
4 Jan 2007
I'm completely shocked by how many positive things are being said about this program. I think most everybody touched on most of the specifics I would bring up. But, I'd like to make a quick judgement on the sellers in this discussion. I would make bets that Kyozou users don't know fully what is happening to them. Without judging how many items you guys do, your profitability, and the size of your business, I'd say there are a few basic facts surrounding the problem with Kyozou. These plain facts cause your business to lose money...no matter what our debates are about its specific flaws.

Downtime- Downtime happens, but I've seen the downtown actually stop two days of auctions from going up. That means you have to manually launch auctions. I doubt you have time to do that at specific time slots, so I'm guessing you lose your productive automated sales. That reduces sales. You have lost money...hands down.

Support- Good luck. Has any Kyozou had complaints about this?

Development- Other companies are really pushing the envelope. Without giving away all the tricks out there, I'll say Kyozou is behind.

Features- The automation of other system is so much sweeter. Although, some might have a few learning curbs, in the end, you're making more money.

PRO: The interface is clean, and easy to use. It makes for great customer service. But, think about all the other problems the program has. You'll spend more time with unhappy customers, despite the interface.

Top Sellers on eBay- I think something people need to look at the top sellers on eBay and across the ecommerce world. The currently top 5 have Marketworks users. The top 10 have Channel and Marketworks. I know of one store that has kyozou. Look at the feedback rating and the margins of all these sellers and think about your company.

I just don't see how anyone could justify losing money and accepting any of Kyozou's obvious, unargued problems.
Seller1
4 Jan 2007
wow...late night working really helped my grammar! : )
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
5 Jan 2007
I'd just like to add two things about Kyozou.

1. They know downtime is a huge problem, and in the past month they have been dumping a ton of money into it

2. Support, because they're spending a lot of money on the downtime problem, it seems they haven't been hiring more people.

3. Features and automation? I think Kyozou has by far the best set of features out there. The only problem is that you have to ask for them. For some reason, their best features are a closely kept secret. Global Checkout and cross sell/upsell features being among them. Their explanation to me is that they don't want the software to seem too complex. I don't agree...
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com
Seller1
5 Jan 2007
I can name over a dozen things that sellers like me and other people have suggested. To this day they still aren't available. The upsell feature was created after most other companies. Naturally, those other companies have a lot more advanced systems of upselling. That definitely is not up to par.

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister