Is Sellathon View Tracker & Auctionsage the same?

Poster
chona
Kudos: 25
Is Sellathon View Tracker & Auctionsage the same?
7 Dec 2005
I registered with Auctiva (haven't listed yet but looks pretty easy to use) and an account was made for me by way of Auctiva to Sellathon's View Tracker. Is this the same this as AuctionSage? I've read so many great reviews with Auction Sage, I really want to use it. Can someone tell me if Sellathon's View Tracker and AuctionSage the same?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Re: Is Sellathon View Tracker & Auctionsage the sa
7 Dec 2005
Hi, Sellathon ViewTracker and AuctionSage are completely different products.

I believe Auctiva has a deal with Sellathon to promote ViewTracker.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
7 Dec 2005
Make sure you turn off the default preferences until you are sure Auctiva is for you. This is whether you list or not. If it turns out you don't like Auctiva then you will have to spend some time manually cleaning your ads if you have left the default preferences turned on.

The key to Auctiva is their profiles. Profiles are king. Once you understand how they work on Auctiva, then it is easy to work with.

Sellethon View Tracker through Auctiva is free for 30 days. After the 30 days trial period, then you have to pay to use the complete service. The counters will still work but all you get will be a count of visitor to your ad. It will also count your visit to your ad. Their paid service offers a lot of information if you will use it. If you won't then don't spend the money.

AuctionSage is a great desktop program. As with all the eBay management programs, they have some limitations. When creating ads through them, your shipping options are severely restricted, combining invoices can be a problem. If you needs are straight forward, then AuctionSage may very well meet your needs. You will find them extremely reactive to the needs of their folks. I think part of it is because they are also sellers on eBay. They have a very active forum with good advice for users and also you will find management interacting as well. It gives you warm fuzzies knowing that they care. Bottomline, great customer service.

good luck.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
bridgerkay
Kudos: 115
9 Dec 2005
Just had a look at AuctionSage and I think it might be just what I am looking for. I have also found a very useful 'getting started with auctionsage' document in their community forum which others might find helpful too. Just to clarify though:

1. you say 'When creating ads through them, your shipping options are severely restricted, combining invoices can be a problem. If you needs are straight forward, then AuctionSage may very well meet your needs' but the features page of the site seems to indicate it does offer combined shipping.
2. we are in the UK, use eBay.com to list and ship all over the world. do you know whether it is possible to amend the shipping instructions to suit - we obviously can't use USPS and we ship with three different rates depending on where in world it is going.

Many thanks in advance,

G
jwjohnson
9 Dec 2005
Unless things have changed, and I don't think so, there is only 2 shipping options per ad. One is for domestic and the other is for international. Naturally you can do a flate rate shipping but again, one for domestic and the other for international.

John may have something for UK customers so that USPS is not an option. I really don't know.

AuctionSage board is very reliable and active. You will find some very fine folks there who believe in the package and John the owner. customer service is top notch. If you find someone who has negative things to say about auctionsage, then you will find a geneally unhappy person.

As with all software, it is hard to have all the features you want. Sometimes software does things you don't want but at the same time that particular thing is just what somebody else wanted. good luck. Use their trial to see if it works for you. It is a fully fucntional trial so use it to play with to see if it will fit your needs.
bridgerkay
9 Dec 2005
many thanks for this rapid response. That is exactly what I am going to do. I can confirm that at the moment there are only two types of postage: domestic and worldwide - the owner says in the community boards that he likes to keep things simple - KISS couldnt agree more! Still, it looks pretty good so going to take the plunge and have a go I think.
bridgerkay
9 Dec 2005
one further thought - I guess from what you are saying that you must use AuctionSage to list yourself. I would be very interested in seeing what an actual auction item looks like when it has been listed using auctionsage. Do you happen to know of such a creature?
jwjohnson
9 Dec 2005
Actually, you can view the auction after you put it together before you do the final "list" on ebay. That way you can see how it looks. You can also do custom templates if you understand the process. It is fairly simple.

Just fill out the listing section with everything you want. AuctionSage will then allow you to post to ebay WITHOUT listing and you can see it then. Go slow on the clicks so that you don't actually list it if you aren't satisfied. read the help informaiion before jumping in.

[Last edited: 9 Dec 2005]

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor