The destruction of a once very good program

Poster
mobious
Kudos: 164
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
The destruction of a once very good program
10 Mar 2008
After using Auction Sentry Deluxe for 3 years with virtually no problems, or if any they were remedied in short order, I've witnessed it going from great software to incredibly bad software. All it took was new ownership Auctiva , and a new version that was forced upon it's users. After 5 updates on that version and it still is far from working.

Users who paid for license renewals have watched their software expire. It is claimed that it's sending information back to Auctiva. They created a forum that is to say the least a joke, moderated by arrogance, belittling posters who complain, and if the complaint is worded to their disliking they simply remove the post and in some cases banish the poster from the forum.

Unless there is a drastic change made in this software and their attitude towards their users I recommend staying away from this product 100%.
United States United States
mobious
Update - part 1
16 Aug 2009
I feel that I must post this information. If it will cause a problem for this site in any way, shape, or form, please remove it.

This is how things are at the time of this posting:
The fact is that ASD has not been functioning properly for a long time. The ASD forum was filled with complaints by members many of whom have 3 year subscriptions. The complaints which covered many different functions of ASD that werent working culminated in posts in the past 2 or 3 days that 1, revealed the true owner of ASD Auctiva, in which had been up until that point in posts been replaced by asterisks. Ways this was accomplished was a link to Auctiva on this site that lists the software Auctiva owns, and by the use of anagrams of the word Auctiva. 2 Some members were threatening to report ASD, and more importantly Auctiva to the Better Business Bureau. A link to the Better Business Bureau website was also given...
United States United States
mobious
Update - part 2
16 Aug 2009
...As of this posting the link to the ASD Community Forums receives a: phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database, message. At the same time the Auction Sentry website is up and running, and they will be more than glad to accept your money for upwards to a 3 year subscription.

Not facts, but may be surmised: the ASD Community was little more than a way to suppress and confine problems with ASD, but most importantly protect Auctiva being known as the parent company. By closing the forum, unless its reopened they have effectively blocked communication between members. If the forum is reopened the most likely scenario would be, if past practices are followed, the removal of posts, or parts of them, and the more troublesome members being barred from the forums.
Report review abuse

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo