Really can't find the software that I need, HELP!!

Poster
nismox
Kudos: 35
Really can't find the software that I need, HELP!!
17 Dec 2005
I'm a moderate eBay seller and I want to find a eBay seller management tool that can satisfy my needs. The things that I need are:

* retrieve all the data from eBay AU and eBay UK(preferably store it offline)
* able to mark items as shipped/paid etc. (preferably integrated with Paypal)
* print shipping labels (thus getting addresses from eBay)
* print picking list (what needs to be shipped that day, thus paid items but not send yet)
* able to look up old transactions for answering emails

Those are actually the most important things that I want. Nice add ons would be

* automatically leaving feedback
* sending second chance offers

Hope that anyone can give me some advise. Currently I'm using Marketworks and some own build software. But that doesn't really works, since marketworks most of the time can't download the customer address.

Thanks!!!!
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
Re: Really can't find the software that I need, HE
17 Dec 2005
AuctionSage can take care of UK and US but not sure about AU Ebay. It does everything that you have written about. Listing options are limited but management standpoint is good. Excellent customer service, very responsive.

Also, check out Auction Software Review. this is a list of desktop solutions that may be of help to you. Not everything is current but Andy has been busy trying to get people to write updates/reviews of the software that is listed. Here is the URL:
www.webretailer.com/searchp.asp?pscategory=13&pstype=14

Also, with eBay making changes in providing developers free access, I expect to see some major changes in the next few months. Lot of the programs just break down with the eBay changes but with the developers having Free access to ebay api then maybe we will see less of the breakdowns and more improvements to their software since they can spend time developing insteading of fixing.

[Last edited by moderator: — 12 Jul 2012]
United States United States
tracker
Kudos: 228
18 Dec 2005
Have you looked at Blackthore?

Tracker
jwjohnson
18 Dec 2005
Blackthorne is ok but it seems expensive for what you get. It does pretty much everything.
beastman
Kudos: 30
19 Dec 2005
How much work is it to schedule listings with AuctionSage? I know you have to pay for a separate piece of software.
jwjohnson
19 Dec 2005
Launch Freedom is an independent piece of software that works with AuctionSage. There are a lot of users who use it and swear by it. The support is excellent.

Personally, I don't like the way it works. You have to train it to work on your pc. It basically runs a program at the appointed time that clicks here, clicks there, clicks submit and your listing has been launch. It works but for me I just don't like watching my mouse move from here to there to over there. It is a personal opinion. When launching at the appropriate time, you can not being using your mouse for anything else because it needs control of the PC to do it's magic. I prefer a program that would really integrates with AuctionSage but at this point, AuctionSage is not available (that I am aware) for true add ons that integrate with the software itself. Launch Freedom is kind of like you sitting at the PC and decide to launch an ad. It mimics your mouse clicks.

Scheduling is lacking in AuctionSage so Launch Freedom fills this gap. As I said, it works well and the support for it is excellent. I think they have a trial that you could try to see if you will like it. It is kind of unusual to have 2 separate pieces of software that compliment each other and have such good customer support and following.
Hong Kong Hong Kong
nismox
19 Dec 2005
Hi,

Blackthorne would indeed be an option, but as said before it's pretty expensive, cause I'd have to go with the prof version. Too bad that AuctionSage is only for UK and US.

Anyone has any other recommendations? Does anyone know if Shooting Star can download the addresses? Or do they only download the ebay user name and email addresses?
beastman
Kudos: 30
19 Dec 2005
Oh, I didn't know it was that rudimentary. I suppose you could use LaunchFreedom(or similar type of mouse-clicking software) to do the same thing with TurboLister also.

LaunchFreedom / AuctionSage sounds a bit too crude to me. I guess the search for auction management software continues. I did try MarketBlast but it is not ready for medium-sized volume.

I know Auctiva has had quite a few bad reviews, primarily with their image servers being down. Are there other bad points with using them as a scheduling service? Could I not use their image servers but still utilize their scheduling service?

Thanks
Singapore Singapore
andyshea
Kudos: 20
20 Dec 2005
Why don't you use seller manager pro? I think it satisfy all the functions that you requested

Hong Kong Hong Kong
nismox
22 Dec 2005
I'm indeed thinking about using SpoonFeeder in combination with Selling Manager pro. Cause Marketworks is really driving up the costs like crazy. Until now, I still haven't found another solution.....
tracker
Kudos: 228
23 Dec 2005
Selling Manager Pro is $15/mo and Blackthorne is $25/mo. The extra $10/mo would be worth not having to deal with two different not well integrated software.

Tracker
Hong Kong Hong Kong
nismox
29 Dec 2005
The problem is that Blackthorne doesn't work on eBay UK and eBay AU. I'm now probably going with SpoonFeeder for listing and auction management. I know that spoonfeeder isn't the best auction management software, but until now, it's the best that suits my needs. I only have to buy a label printer because of spoonfeeder though.....
Supplier
Prescott, Arizona United States
Clar Software Services
Kudos: 70
30 Dec 2005
Hi nismox,

Are you still looking for help? I'm an experienced Microsoft Access developer that builds custom database solutions for small business owners.

This year I've built custom databases for two ebay store front trading assistants. Both clients had specific needs and found they could get just what they wanted at low cost from me (under $500 total). Another BIG plus is that they actually own their software. They avoid paying monthly proprietary license fees, subscription fees and support fees.

If you're interested I'd be happy to quote you a price on building you your very own custom database. I can also put you in touch with a store front trading assistant client. My clients are very pleased with their databases and have encouraged me to make the database available to other sellers.

Please have a look at some screen shots at: myweb.cableone.net/Clar/Sample...reen%20Shots_files/Page516.htm and myweb.cableone.net/Clar/Sample...reen%20Shots_files/Page458.htm . You'll see how it imports sales (buyer info) and fees from ebay and PayPal and might already do some of the things you've mentioned. Of course, you'd only be paying for the features you require, for instance, you might not be interested in some of the consignment features.

Anyway, let me know if I may be of any assistance.

Best regards,
Ray Clar

[Last edited: 30 Dec 2005]
Clar Software Services , LLC
928-541-1287 in Prescott, AZ
Supplier
Prescott, Arizona United States
Clar Software Services
Kudos: 70
4 Jan 2006
As regards downloading sales information from the UK and other international ebay sites, I've been directed by ebay UK to the File Exchange tool available at no cost to sellers that meet minimum volume requirements. Here is a link pages.ebay.com/file%5Fexchange/ . Since my USA clients are using Selling Manager Pro to download I don't have any idea how well File Exchange meets seller's download needs. I would appreciate any feedback from sellers that have experience with File Exchange. Thanks.

Regards,
Ray Clar
Clar Software Services , LLC
928-541-1287 in Prescott, AZ

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco