Infopia Marketplace Manager

Poster
mkellyinc
Kudos: 35
Infopia Marketplace Manager
20 Dec 2005
I have been searching for a software provider for Ebay and Amazon that will track inventory, automate listing, customer communication, order processing, shipping, and postage printing through Endicia.

I have used ChannelAdvisor, Andale, Mail Extractor, Ebay's tools, and have had trials of many others.

I liked Andale's software the best, and it was very inexpensive compared to the other options, but Andale's stability and support were constant issues so I had to search for a new software provider.

ChannelAdvisor Merchant had some of the features I wanted but not all of them, plus it is very expensive. AuctionWorks looked promissing but was very expensive and I read here that their software is not very reliable.

Mail Extractor was perfect for Amazon but terrible for ebay.

I am now trying Infopia's Marketplace Manager, Although they do not have every feature I want, they seem to provide a good feature set for the money. I think they are overpriced but they seem to be my best option at this time.

Has anyone else used Infopia? I would be interested to hear other's experiences.

[Last edited: 5 Jan 2006]
United States United States
jtbelogin
Kudos: 15
Re: Infopia Marketplace Manager
2 Jan 2006
What is their pricing structure? No one seems to know exactly. what are you paying? their website does not list any pricing, and I think that is why very few people have used them, maybe you can shed some light o this
mkellyinc
4 Jan 2006
Hello,

The pricing is a flat fee of $699 per month for Infopia Marketplace Manager. There is a one time install/training fee of $1999.

Their pricing seemed good to me because it is not based on a percent of gross sales like Marketworks or ChannelAdvisor Merchant. With MW or CAM I would pay well over $699 per month because I do very high sales volume.

The sales process at Infopia was very smooth, the salesperson I used was very friendly and helpful and customized the contract and pricing to fit my needs. Unfortunately that is where the pleasant experience ended.

Infopia's training was marginal at best in my oppinion. The staff does not know much about their product. Even the so-called "Tech" person I talked to could not answer some simple questions I asked about the software.

There were constant errors in my listings, and when I opened a support ticket online, the ticket was closed without my problems being resolved.

BOTTOM LINE:
Infopia has potential, and the staff is very friendly, but the product is lacking much functionality and needs to have the bugs worked out of it.

Also note: If you want any kind of customization they charge a lot for it and do not allow you to do it yourself. This is unfortunate because their base product at $699 per month is not fully functional without customization. Maybe their plan is to make the money on custom developement fees...

Unfortunately I can not reccomend Infopia until they make improvements to their software. I hope they do make the improvements because they seem like good people.

I hope this is helpful to everyone.

I am still looking for a complete Ebay solution that does not charge a percent of sales. For now I will have to wait or build it myself.

[Last edited: 5 Jan 2006]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
7 Jan 2006
Hi mkellyinc , thank you for a very helpful contribution to the site.

If you could submit a review of Infopia Marketplace Manager it would be much appreciated.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Javaguy78
Kudos: 30
23 Jan 2006
Infopia's Marketplace Manager is a successful, proven software package that manages your Inventory, Orders and Marketplace information out of the "box." Many clients using the software are using it with very good success without paying for the customization while others that can afford the customizations are increasing their sales several fold by paying for the customization (check out www.topwebbuys.com). Some features that are planned to be released in 2006 include:

Personal Management of HTML Templates
Improved Pricing Scheme
Release of many custom developed modules to entire client base
Greater Marketplace Integration
... and much more.

I totally recommend Infopia's Marketplace Manager. The potential to grow your business for a flat fee is wonderful and with the enhancements to the software (version 6.2 is due out shortly) coming within the next year, you'll be able to grow larger than you planned.

I have used Infopia's Marketplace Manager for a couple months now and already see a return on my investment.

They are holding a strategic summit (user conference) at the Marriot in Salt Lake City on Feb 2 - 4, 2006 (see www.infopia.com for more details). They will be reviewing new enhancements and showing ways to get more money out of e-Commerce. I think it will be wonderful, and have already signed up to learn more. It is open to all users, not just current users of Marketplace Manager. You'll be able to talk to the developers as well as others who use the software and hear all their opinions about Marketplace Manager and where the software is going. If you are able, I'd suggest coming too to see if Marketplace Manager is right for you.
MJM
MJM
1 Feb 2006
My client is just starting to use this software. Is there a forum of users to discuss the problems with it? Is this the place?

We are trying to print a basic report - inventory cost - yet no one seems to know how to tell us to do it. The accountant has not yet found where to print this.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any information!
Javaguy78
1 Feb 2006
you can either put in a trouble ticket using the system and an Infopia rep should be able to get back with you about it. click on the customer Care menu and select Technical Support.
Javaguy78
2 Feb 2006
with the advances that Infopia is making, I would vote for them. Their software benefitted me much more than ChannelAdvisor and Marketworks.
mkellyinc
4 Feb 2006
Hi Javaguy78,

Do you work for Infopia? You sure sound like it. I don't have any problem with that, I just think you should say if you work for them instead of pretending to be just a user.

(edited for spelling)

[Last edited: 4 Feb 2006]
EJ00
6 Feb 2006
So mkellyinc

Are you saying that you would not choose Infopia out of the others guys such as Martket works, Channel Advisor and Trution?

Any advise would be great.
golfer911@gmail.com
MJM
MJM
9 Feb 2006
Inventory Cost /Quantity Report

You mention to put in a ticket and a rep will call you. They did that and were told "The cost/quantity report if for Infopia internal use only. You say it is very important for inventory items. Please help me understand what you were trying to accomplish with this report. . . "

Is there anyone that is an accountant on this list?
Does anyone understand the importance of a report that lists:
SKU# (input field)
Title (input field)
Original qty (input field)
Qty sold (System calculated)
Remaining qty (System calculated)
Cost (input field)
Extended total (System calculated)

Infopia does not seem to understand why we need a report with this information. Is there someone out there who can help me explain it to them. We have tried explaining the following but with no results.

The reasons we need an inventory report are as follows:
1. We need to be able to easily keep track of what inventory we bring in and what has sold - not just quantity but dollar cost value of inventory.
2. For financial statement purposes, inventory is an asset item. Therefore, each month we need to be able to print a report of our total inventory (#, title, quantity, unit cost, extended totals). Then, we will need to count inventory and adjust our financial statements to the actual dollar on hand (and record possible shrinkage).

If the above is not available on Infopia, then the bookkeeper is going to have to maintain manual spreadsheets with excel to accumulate the data needed for proper accounting.

As this is a growing business, they are trying to make sure that the system works for 5 different items or 500. The task of manual spreadsheets for 5 items is manageable, but with 500 items is cost prohibitive.

Looking for answers from anyone who can help. Looking for the correct words to ask Infopia. If we can talk in their language, maybe they will understand the information is in the system - we just need a report to tell us the info.

Thanks so much to anyone who offers advice!!
EJ00
10 Feb 2006
Why dont you just give them a call with there # on the site?

Talk to any of the guys they can help you. And i think the proper name is Profiet loss.
MJM
MJM
13 Feb 2006
The accountant and owners spent time on Friday asking questions directly with their rep. They told them their questions would be referred to the professional team - so far no response.

I am looking for a forum of users to discuss their likes and dislikes - problems and solutions they have found. Is this the best place for that for Infopia Marketplace Manager??

It is very hard to get anyone to understand at Infopia. I am trying to find someone to talk with that actually is a user not just a customer service rep.

Thanks for any ideas - any additional support groups - any real users that are willing to answer questions.

Thank you!
Supplier
Infopia
14 Feb 2006
MJM - you seem to have a few questions that you desperately need answered. I am the Director of Product Management @ Infopia and I would be happy to help. Just call our office and ask for David Platt: 801.990.4700
Land of Enchantment-New Mexico United States
jwjohnson
Kudos: 458
21 Feb 2006
ChannelAdvisor Pro , ChannelAdvisor Merchant , and Marketworks are superior to Infopia. The cost is more reasonable, support is excellent and quick. The only downside is that ChannelAdvisorPro doesn't feed into froogle and other outlets. Marketworks is great but has a steep learning curve. However both do a good job.

Andale, unless they get eBay's blessings have been given the proverbial "boot" off of ebay regarding the ebay checkout. You will still be able to use Andale for listings, but not for the checkout unless eBay changes their mind . Andale screwed up big time late last year by installing a new database. Contrary to what all they say, it appears that they failed to truly test their migration before doing so which left users high and dry for approximately 1 week. That type of outage could have been prevented. that has led up to ebay booting them off of the checkout sometimes this month.

ChannelAdvisor Merchant is the most expensive but the others are actually cheaper in the long run compared to Andale.

good luck.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister