Feedback left upon PAYMENT

Poster
arey051012
Kudos: 45
Feedback left upon PAYMENT
1 Jan 2006
Is there any program (preferably free or close to it) that leaves feedback upon a buyer's payment rather than reciprocal feedback (only after buyer leaves feedback)?
Ady
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ady
Kudos: 226
Re: Feedback left upon PAYMENT
1 Jan 2006
eBays own SMP - you can set it to post FB on payment.
United States United States
arey051012
1 Jan 2006
Is there any other program that does this? SMP is very pricey...
howlingblackwolf
Kudos: 20
5 Jan 2006
If you're willing to pay a buck and a half a month, Trak offers this service. They also have a heck of a good free auction management site.

I'm not associated with Trak in any way. Just a satisfied user.

www.trakauctions.com

nick
arey051012
6 Jan 2006
Are you sure Trak allows feedback upon PAYMENT and not upon POSITIVE FEEDBACK?
howlingblackwolf
Kudos: 20
6 Jan 2006
since I only leave feedback after the buyer does, this fits my business model perfectly. I've found that buyers are much more willing to try to work things out if there is an issue if I haven't already left feedback. It you'd rather leave the feedback first, I guess you're stuck with the higher-priced services, or doing it manually.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
11 Apr 2006
AuctionTamer can leave feedback when positive feedback and payment have been received... they seem to have a knack for implementing sought-after features at the moment!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
US United States
raquel1988
Kudos: 30
12 Apr 2006
just curious as to why a seller would even WANT to do that? feedback is a reflection of the entire transaction. i know that i, as a seller, am not only concerned with a fast payment...but also with wether or not they turn into the world's biggest PITA after the sale. i mean, what if they decide they aren't happy (buyer's remorse), and then threaten you with neg, and you have no recourse because you have already left positive?

still, if that's the way you want to go, i know Shooting Star (EXCELLENT follow up software) and eBlack (which for some strange reason i have no issues like the 100's of others that seem to) both give you the option of leaving feedback upon payment OR after positive feedback is received. i don't think it's an option if neutral or negative is left (can't remember for sure). also AW2000 might give the before and after option as well. been a while since i used them, only because they never got the calculator thing going while i was there...otherwise, great program.
vibrant
Kudos: 70
24 Apr 2006
I have over 5500 unique positive feedback and no negative (and only a handful of neutrals). I always leave feedback when my buyers pay.

If someone is not happy they contact me and I fix it, imo leaving feedback upon payment reflects the business ethos and trustworthyness of the seller.

It's never failed me.

And by the same token I refuse to leave feedback to a seller who will only reciprocate feedback.

Maybe I'm wrong - but I don't think so.
US United States
raquel1988
24 Apr 2006
then i would think you have been really lucky...just go follow a string of feedbacks and you will see where there are quite a few people that leave the negative before letting the seller know about a problem.

not saying you are wrong, but you certainly aren't the only way.
and i know for sure there are many sellers that agree with me, that want to know the whole story, and not just about the payment.

hope you don't get stung eventually!
vibrant
24 Apr 2006
Lucky 5500 times?

You make your own luck

At the end of the day if and when I do get a neg I can be safe in the knowlegde I did everything possible to save the customer.

And let's be realistic. It's only a neg - It's not a personal attack (unless you let it become that)

[Last edited: 24 Apr 2006]
US United States
raquel1988
24 Apr 2006
would be curious to follow your feedback trail...what's your ebay user id? i did a search, and couldn't find a vibrant (or variant) with anything more than 296...and only one other with over 200.
vibrant
24 Apr 2006
ye have little faith.

vibrant-cds
US United States
raquel1988
24 Apr 2006
has nothing to do with faith...you are just so sure of yourself (not a bad thing) and YOUR way, that it just makes me curious what you must be doing right, and i am not doing right. (although i have 100% and only 1 neutral, but my numbers are much smaller despite selling for over about four years. only a part-time gig for me...too much golf to be played!
vibrant
24 Apr 2006

raquel1988 wrote:

has nothing to do with faith...you are just so sure of yourself (not a bad thing) and YOUR way, that it just makes me curious what you must be doing right, and i am not doing right. (although i have 100% and only 1 neutral, but my numbers are much smaller despite selling for over about four years. only a part-time gig for me...too much golf to be played!
"ye have little faith" is just a saying and nothing is meant by it !!

I do trust my product (me)100% - Communication (imo) is the key, that and fast turn around. Its very difficult to neg the 'nice guy' especially if he has done everything possible to rectify. I have screwed up beyond belief before, but with some work and many emails have sorted it out.

If there is a problem and its 100% me at fault (or even the mail) I do not question and I refund instantly. Not everyones ethic and not everyone can do this due to the costs involved.

I'm dead proud of where I am and what I achieve (and where I'm aiming to go) and I hate doing wrong by people. I have an enormous sence of responsability. (probably too much) !!

I think i've hijacked this topic enuogh

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro