Not very intuitive, every reviewer on here gets free stuff from the company

Poster
rd555
Kudos: 311
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Not very intuitive, every reviewer on here gets free stuff from the company
7 May 2009
Initially I was very excited because of the glowing reviews........ ...... ................. .
.............. but then I realised every reviewer on here gets free stuff from the company!!!!

I found the software to be not very intuitive at all, I’m an eBay user for 10 years.

There is a very long instruction manual and no getting started video or anything like that. I tried AUCTION SIEVE and AUCTION GNOME, both very intuitive.

After about 3 hours I uninstalled it.

Still if I decide to change my mind I should qualify for extra stuff from the software company for writing this review.

Here’s to unbiased star ratings

R
Supplier
United States United States
Bay Prospector
Kudos: 45
Author's reponse
7 May 2009
I'm the author of Prospector. When the program comes up, the Welcome page has a section titled "Introduction" with links to specific topics, and another titled "How Tos" with links to Flash movies.

We can also be reached at support@bayprospector.com if there are things that we can help clear up if they aren't covered by the help pages and movies.

Regarding free stuff, while we did run brief promos in the past, we've received many reviews here and elsewhere where the vast majority of reviewers received no compensation from us.

I'm sorry the program didn't work out for you. I created the program when I really wanted to scour eBay and not finding programs that made that easy. I believe it really does save a tremendous amount of time once it's set up, and I'm glad that many other users agree. If you decide to give the program another shot, you can send me an email and I'll do my best to clear up any problems.

Regards,
Cheng
UK United Kingdom
rd555
Kudos: 311
in responce to being contacted to remove my honest review
8 May 2009
"Purchase Prospector Searcher and get double the snipe limit - 30 per month.
Post a review and get 15 extra snipes per month (applies to all versions including the free Prospector Lite).
These offers are stackable!
To apply: Mention The Auction Software Review to claim"
United States United States
chengtan
Kudos: 30
Incorrect assumption
9 May 2009
Rd555,

FYI, I checked and there were 3 reviewers on that took advantage of this offer since inception from 6 years ago, so your statement that "every reviewer on here gets free stuff from the company" is false.

Users are free to download the program and see for themselves and compare it to your recommended Auction Sieve and Auction Gnome.
Report review abuse

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics