Did not work at all on Windows Vista Home Premium

Poster
Jyan
Kudos: 112
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Did not work at all on Windows Vista Home Premium
18 Jun 2009
Was sold this by Tradebox without asking me which version of Vista I run, I installed it but it just does not run at all (not even once), now told the software is not supported on Windows Vista Home - although it "sometimes works" on it apparently. Not impressed by the sales people or the developers who clearly haven't done a very good job - why should I have a dearer version of Vista? I have no problem with any other software on my computer and I run a hell of lot of programs, and no it's not a problem with Windows permissions. Fair play they did try and resolve it but ultimately failed.
Supplier
Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
Tradebox
Kudos: 185
Tradebox Finance Manager IS compatible and supported for Vista Home
25 Jun 2009
Sorry to take issue with you Ian but Tradebox Finance Manager DOES work on Vista Home and IS supported by Tradebox. You do NOT need to buy a "dearer" version of Vista, the Home edition is compatible and works perfectly well. I've taken a bitmap illustrating this, which can be downloaded from, tradebox.uk.com/_assets/img/TradeboxonVista.bmp.

Admittedly, it doesn't work on your PC but we have firmly established that this is NOT because of Vista Home. The truth is we have yet to establish why Finance Manager will not work on your particular pc. However, after checking our records we have established that 127 of our 619 customers are using a Home edition of Vista. To date non have failed to get the solution installed and working.

Needless to say, we will continue to work with you on a solution to get the software working on your pc. Anytime you wish to stop this process you can have a full refund.
Accounts integration for online retailers
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Jyan
Kudos: 112
Problem finally solved
25 Jun 2009
OK problem solved due to missing font on PC. Perhaps the font should be part of the install or error handling should be in place to prevent this for anyone else in future?
Report review abuse

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco