eBay Item Watcher - Free Download

Poster
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Cr1spy
Kudos: 85
eBay Item Watcher - Free Download
27 Jan 2006
Hi,

I released the "eBay Item Watcher" at the start of this year and it's begining to get quite popular. Not bad for a what started as a personal pet project.

The monitor works for eBay and Yahoo auctions. More auction site are to be added in future releases. Based on the Microsoft .Net framework, the application works by scraping auction web pages for item details and allows for alert messages to be set.

Home Page: www.Cr1spy.co.uk/EbayItemWatcher

The software is free to download, with a limitation of being only able to monitor 4 auctions. A license key can be purchased to enable an unlimited number of monitored items. The license key only costs 1 GBP (1.75 USD approx.). It's so cheap because I'm just trying to cover costs.

Hope you find it usefull.

Cr1spy (AKA Crispin Parker)

[Last edited: 7 Mar 2006]
Supplier
Cr1spy
Re: eBay Item Watch - Free Download
24 Feb 2006
I've just released version 2 of this product. It now comes with a 30 day free trial as I had negitive feed back on the 4 auction limit of the previous trial version.

New features for version 2:

* Add items from an ebay search.
* Load and save watch lists.
* Save watch lists to a CSV (Excel compatable) file.
* Mouse over info bubble.
* Selectable columns.
* Toggle control bar display.
* About to end auctions are now highlighted.
* Online help and quick start guide.

I've had to put back the addtional auction sute support due to time constaints, hopefully I'll be able to get them added to a future release.

Cr1spy.
United States United States
jpfx
Kudos: 75
25 Feb 2006
brilliant v2.0
What it does, it does well and I haven't found a program for buyers that monitors auctions for any price that beats it.
Supplier
Cr1spy
6 Mar 2006
Thanks to JPFX for the feedback and application review. Nice to know I'm getting something right

Just to let you all know; A new version of the eBay Item Watcher is available for download on my site:

www.Cr1spy.co.uk/EbayItemWatcher

The latest version:

• Corrects text display issues for users with 24 bit colour displays
  • Reduces the list view flickering
  • Adds a thumb nail image to the mouse over info bubble
  • Includes the seller's ID in the list of available columns.
  • Has a control bar icon to launch the "add items from search" dialog box.
  • Lots of minor bug fixes and an improvement in web request speed.

• Screen Shot:

It's great to get your feed back on the application, so please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Cr1spy

www.Cr1spy.co.uk/EbayItemWatcher
    Supplier
    sellthemoon
    Kudos: 270
    6 Mar 2006
    Looks like a superb little program - nice one!

Is it possible to have it watch an eBay seller ID (all listings by that seller) ? A program that included this feature, for multiple IDs would also be VERY useful to the seller themselves as it provides a real time, at a glance list of what has bids and what doesn`t (a la the defunct Auction List, which I fortunately still have a working version of!!). If this is possible / implemented I`d like a registered copy please!
    Oh, and Preferences is mispelt in the menu!

Great little program...
    Supplier
    Cr1spy
    7 Mar 2006
    Thanks for the comments sellthemoon.

Actually, you can already add all the items listed by a seller. In fact you can add items from any ebay web page that has the links to the auction detail page (including your watch/selling lists).

The current version of the watcher allows you to add items from an eBay search page web address. So, if you select a web page that lists all the sellers other items (or open their shop page), you can then paste the resulting web address into the application via the "Add items from search" feature.

You'll have to repeat this for each subsequent page of results (maximum results per eBay search page is 200), but it is a viable work around for the time being.

I'll think about adding an advanced "add items from" search feature, that reads all the pages in a search result set, in the next release.

Cheers for spotting the typo too! It's amazing what you can't see when your looking straight at it.

Regards,

Cr1spy

www.cr1spy.co.uk/EbayItemWatcher/
    Supplier
    Cr1spy
    Re: eBay Item Watcher - Free Download
    4 Jun 2006
    Hello All,

I've released a new version of the Ebay Item Watcher. The current version is 2.5.1.

The 2.5 release now includes the ability to search ebay [from within the appplicaiton] and to add auction items by their item number.

It's free to try so please do and let me know what you think.

Cr1spy.

www.cr1spy.co.uk/EbayItemWatcher

[Last edited: 4 Jun 2006]
    Supplier
    Cr1spy
    Re: eBay Item Watcher - Free Download
    12 Jul 2006
    The latest version of the eBay Item Watcher (Version 3.1.2) is now available for download:

Download Page

The new version includes an integrated web browser and alert message ticker tape viewer.

Support has also been added for eBay France.

As always, comments are welcome.

Regards,

Cr1spy
    www.cr1spy.co.uk/EbayItemWatcher/

XSellco
    Volo
    Selro
    StoreFeeder