Looking for free software that does this :

Poster
Leo Mandy
Kudos: 25
Looking for free software that does this :
29 Jan 2006
I am just starting out buying on Ebay and I do notice that some people are much better at it then others, so they must have alot of experience and help. What I want is some software (hopefully free!) that does this :
1) Keep track of my items that I am bidding on
2) Does better searches for items than Ebay's search
3) Will allow me to enter a max bid and use it if necessary
4) Does not have spyware!!!!

I have been looking at some and I notice that even Webbased MyBaboon.com has CERTIFICATEs that need to be accepted - to me this means spyware.
I know I am asking alot, but hopefully something out there will be like what I am looking for. Thanks!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Re: Looking for free software that does this :
30 Jan 2006
Take a look at Prospector or AuctionSleuth.

I'm not sure what you mean by MyBaboon having certificates that need to be accepted - I haven't noticed that.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Canada Canada
Leo Mandy
31 Jan 2006
The first time I logged on and clicked anywhere (using Firefox), the microsoft certificate comes up, sayihng do you accept blah blah blah blah? I did not. I don't trust the tracking and spyware on sites like that. You never had that?
Supplier
United States United States
Bidnapper
Kudos: 80
31 Jan 2006
You might be intersted in a new service we are about to release. It allows you to do advanced searches, find misspellings, filter out accessories, and search by bidder. You can save all of your searches so you have to check one place to see if new items have been listed. You can also save auctions to keep tabs on what is happening with them. Anyhow, the site is www.auctionshadow.com

We welcome your feedback.

Thanks,
Dan
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
31 Jan 2006
Hi Leo,

I see what you mean. It is saying that MyBaboon's secure website certificate expired a couple of weeks ago.

It's got nothing to do with spyware or adware, but I understand your concern because it looks similar to the ActiveX dialog you get with Internet Explorer (never FireFox, as it doesn't support ActiveX). I'll make sure they know about the issue, it could simply be that they forgot to renew the certificate or have misconfigured the web server.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Canada Canada
Leo Mandy
1 Feb 2006
Thank you the prompt reply! Hopefully it can be something that is fixable!

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo