Auctiva doing false advertisement?

Poster
spirit
Kudos: 130
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Auctiva doing false advertisement?
6 Jan 2010
I tried signing up with Auctiva yesterday and was told when looking over their information that we would have a ebay store and could also opt (for extra money) to get an outside regular online store. Well after I signed up and started trying to get my listings going, it would not let me list items as in a store, even though my pictures showed I had a store! I kept trying and trying and it said you have to have a store to list in the store catagory! Well, I contacted them about it and they said you already have to have a ebay store to list in the store catagory! So just what does it mean when they say you will get a store, but you cann't list items in it like a store? How to we save money with them if you already are paying $15.95 a month to have an ebay store and then paying Auctiva as well to have a supposed store and save listing fees? It doesn't look like any savings to me and if they are like inkFrog (see my review of them which is subject to change) and ebay charges you to list with Auctiva as well, then who is saving any money? Why would I pay Ebay to have a store with them, pay Auctiva fees also and (then possibly listing fees with ebay also again) and then be told "Oh Auctiva saves you money"? None of this makes any sense. I am extremely confused and disppointed with Auctiva and Inkfrog right now. I am assuming that if you still have to pay to list with ebay when you are using Inkfrog, it is probably the same with Auctiva. So really, you are just paying out more funds to have Inkfrog or Auctiva instead of saving anything. I don't understand how any of the other people whose reviews I have read think they are saving money by listing with Auctiva or Inkfrog, if they STILL are paying listing fees to ebay and store fees? I don't mind the final value fees, but these places are supposed to save us money on listing and store fees and they appear not to be.
United States United States
spirit
Kudos: 130
Call from Auctiva
6 Jan 2010
I have to say I was surprised at how nice they were even considering the circumstances. The gentleman there explained to me about how the Auctiva store works and that it can been seen when you follow a link provided by them on your scrolling list of items. And he did confirm that I would still have to pay seller's insertion fees, etc. on ebay even if I did use them. Man is that a drag and not apparent when you sign up with Auctiva. He seemed to think the Auctiva E-Commerce store would save me funds over ebay, so I am looking into it. I appreciate he kindness while talking to me, but am still disappointed with the way wording is done at Auctiva and inkFrog, leading people to believe that if we list with them, we won't be paying listing fees on ebay. The man at Auctiva told me that he didn't think any company offered a way to list and not pay ebay seller fees. I don't mind the final value fees if i could avoid all the other listing fees on ebay, but it seems that can't be.
United States United States
casa1712
Kudos: 20
RESPONDING TO YOUR REVIEW OF AUCTIVA
13 Mar 2011
I know exactly what you mean in your review of Auctiva Stores. I also signed up for a store and went through the same thing that you are going through. In my case, I already had an eBay store, but I liked Auctiva's software better, and the beautiful templates they have for your listings, but I could not see the point of having two stores, so I asked them if I could close my eBay store and was told that I could not. I had the understanding that my sales would increase by having them both, but they did not increase instead, my profits DECREASED, because I was paying out more money, and the only one really benefiting was Auctiva and Ebay, which I learned were actually the same it was Auctiva's beautiful software that I was paying for, and that in addition to paying for my store on eBay and all the other extra charges one encounters from various fees. With that said, I cancelled my subscription with Auctiva.

Check out eBid.com it is free and THRIVING!
Report review abuse

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco