Better Than The Others

Poster
toobusyforswapmeets
Kudos: 93
starstarstarstardim star
Better Than The Others
15 May 2010
I migrated to IF with a huge influx of Auctiva refugees. If one considers the almost immediate growth IF experienced and the solutions that were quickly offered to us refugees, all in all I think IF has handled it very well with few problems. While I'm aware that the original IF1 users were not happy with IF2 when it rolled out, having never used IF1, I found IF2 pretty user friendly and the old forums were a great place to get help and make some friends and share experiences and sometimes life in general.

Things have changed, the forums are not as community oriented as they used to be, new changes are being rolled out, things are being worked on in the background but most of the functions still function while some new features being rolled out.

Communication between the site owners and users could be better, live support is sometimes not as helpful as we'd all like, but again, you can go to the forums for assistance as well unless it's a development problem together we usually get through. While feature requests are being made on the forums, again, lack of communication between the site owners and members leaves us wondering if we're being heard or if anyone is reading our requests. Again, my biggest "complaint".

Auctions not launching? Unless there's a problem with ebay, new changes, etc. that error check doesn't catch before you schedule the listing, in almost a year I believe I've had two auctions fail to launch and those were "operator error", my own, easily found by looking at the API error, no rocket science or support tickets required. No fees to schedule the listing for me is a big plus and I don't have to be stuck at the keyboard to make sure my auctions get listed.

All in all, IF, as compared to other third party listing services I've tried, IF meets and most times exceeds my needs although others may have different needs for their particular business model, I'm quite happy and will be staying put. For the price, it's a hard deal to beat.
United States United States
toobusyforswapmeets
Kudos: 93
Uhhh Change of Mind?
28 Jul 2010
New bells and whistles that don't work properly, more advertisements in my listings than Carter has liver pills touting that I use features of IF that I don't use, poor, every poor customer service, almost no communication of impending changes, upgrades, etc. that will affect your listings, your listing abilities. I'll do my listing with TurboLister or spend my money on a basic ebay store. My how time changes a service
Report review abuse

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office