Your opinion is needed,feel free

Poster
LIquidationtime
Kudos: 25
Your opinion is needed,feel free
3 Feb 2006
As we believe all of Auction Software Review members are experts on online business, and highly educated about eBay, we would like to have your feedback about our website, and about the improvements that we can do to get your satisfactions, such as what other categories will need to be added, or any issue or advice that you think of. Please feel free to view our website and post your comment. You can visit the site at:
www.liquidationtime.com
Thank you all.

[Last edited: 3 Feb 2006]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Your opinion is needed,feel free
25 Mar 2006
Any opinions on this site?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Florida United States
blackstar
Kudos: 334
28 Jul 2006
I think its an excellent resource. Hence, why I am here.
I can appreciate what you have done here, and had a question as well..

What CMS is this?

At first I thought it might be PHPNuke, but there are some components that you are using that make me believe otherwise.

My next guess would be Xoops.

It really doesnt matter, I think you have a superior feel than auctionbytes and a pretty straightforward, clean interface that appears to work well.

Cheers
Ady
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ady
Kudos: 226
28 Jul 2006
I think the question was really asking for opinions on the OP's site, but hey, I also agree, ASR is such a good site that I always end up here at some point during the week.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
29 Jul 2006
Hi blackstar, welcome to the site and thank you for your contributions.

If you could spare the time to submit another review or two it would be much appreciated.

The site is completely custom-coded by me.

Although it took some time to develop, I can add whatever features I like without poring over someone else's code or installing a plug-in component that doesn't quite behave how I want it to anyway. Plus I like coding . Also, I think the site is well integrated between the forum, directory, and news - which can be very difficult with off-the-shelf systems. Having said that, I can't recommend my approach to someone starting a site from scratch when there are good, free, content management systems around.

By the way, the original post is asking about liquidationtime not this site...

PS. Feedback is always appreciated - thank you!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
janesdeals
Kudos: 20
6 Feb 2007

LIquidationtime wrote:

Please feel free to view our website and post your comment. You can visit the site at:
www.liquidationtime.com
Thank you all.
Hello Liquidationtime.

I have a question. Why do your copyrights state 2000-2007 when your auction site is barely one year old?

Do you find it challenging not to publish your real name on your website? The about us page is empty.

Since you are offering escrow service one would think it would be difficult for users to blindly send money to a company that is new and without any type of background. For all we know, you could be an ex con baiting ebayers. How do you overcome the credibility issue?

I created my buy/sell platform in 1999. It is a unique auction site that I built from the ground up. I have spent 7 years building this community of over 22,000 members. Processing orders, handling escrows. I spent years seeding the search engines, handling each customer one by one just to build a solid reputation and a safetrading marketplace for buyers and sellers. My business has survived on word of mouth advertising alone. I have been bombed by competitors who want to force me out of the online world by filing false reports with every government agency and ebay vero group imaginable. I have been the target of payment fraud and identity theft. I have been falsely reported as a spammer so many times by competitors, that I finally had to trash my mailer of over 20,000 members. The mailer was the most successful feature of my business.

You will have some of the same challenges ahead. Example. the credit card chargebacks will put you out of business overnight. So when your competitors start placing groups of fake orders for large amounts under different names and IP Addresses what do you plan to do you get 9 chargebacks for 19,000 5 months from now... Sure you can win the chargebacks but only after you prove you it so during the lag time (1-3 months), you will be out 19,000 in your bank.

So I wish you had contacted me prior to putting up a business so similar to mine. I might have sold you my business and database - I would have given you all the inside advice on what Not to Do. I just don't get it. My business was in the top 3 for closeouts in the top search engines from 2000-2003. Surely you would know me if you are in the wholesale auction business during these years.

You claim to have built the auction software over 5 years ago? That is what your copyright claims. But I can't find any reference to your auction software at through the Wayback Machine. It says your url was obtained a year ago.

The reason I am so curious is that I built and designed the first b2b buy/sell platform for buyers and sellers to negotiate for excess lots using my copyrighted e-contract auction system. It was all originally hand coded and I have all the original art. I believed in my heart that my system was a better system than Ebay's. I have been in business since 1999 running my safe trading marketplace.

Here is the original site:
web.archive.org/web/20010721203642/rothmancloseouts.com/ My name is Jane Rothman.

Here is a how it works.

Jane's Closeout Marketplace is an Online Service Provider (like eBay) for manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to buy and sell bulk lots of excess inventories for below wholesale prices. Unlike an auction, registered Buyers make deals direct with registered wholesale suppliers using an anonymous email system. Automated purchase orders (e-Contracts) are created between Buyers and Sellers upon mutual agreement. Funds are transferred through Janesdeals escrow service after the order has been accepted by the Wholesaler Supplier.. All negotiations, final purchase orders and discounted wholesale prices are kept completely confidential between the parties and are not seen by other members...

www.janesdeals.com/howitworks.asp

What are your future plans with Liquidationtime?
Janesdeals.com, LLC
Wholesaler Auction SIte / E-contracts

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics