After 2 years we are leaving Channel Advisor....Read why you should never join!

Poster
ussautoparts
Kudos: 100
starstardim stardim stardim star
After 2 years we are leaving Channel Advisor....Read why you should never join!
29 Dec 2010
After reading other reviews it seems like most of the positive comments are from customers who have had accounts open less than 6 months while most of the negative comments are from long term customers. I think that is a good summary of our experience!

Our primary use of C.A was the marketplaces platform (eBay, Amazon) and the basic web store that C.A. offers. At first C.A. treats you like royalty and answers every question you have. The software is very robust and can allow you to do almost anything you want. The downside to that is that it is complicated to operate and you should attend their 3 day class at their headquarters in NC to become more familiar with the product.

After several months we were operating smoothly and saw good things happen with our business. However after about a year from our sign up date we started noticing things that were missing from the software. We also noticed that C.A. had trouble adapting their software to accommodate updates/releases that eBay and Amazon would make. So while C.A. was always one of the first to hear information, they were one of the last to successfully act on it. This cost our business greatly. As for the basic web store they offer, the word basic describes it really well. If you want to customize anything you will be force to purchase their premium store. I have heard they charge thousands of dollars each month for a subscription. Another problem is Support / Customer Service which seems to be a common negative review point. Lets face it, every company in the world has it's good and bad features. What do they all have in common? Customer service! Once you are more familiar with the C.A. software and your questions/problems become more advanced, you can forget about getting a solution from C.A. Or if you are lucky and do get a solution be prepared to spend weeks waiting for it. I promise this is no exaggeration. One of our problems actually took months for them to understand and once they finally they did understand the question their answer was: "No we do not support that feature at this time." I often felt like I was teaching the support agent how the software worked.

So now that we are leaving after 2 years C.A. is continuing their tradition of poor customer service. When we told them about canceling they said someone would be contacting us to address the problems to see if they could salvage the relationship. 1 1/2 weeks later and still no one has contacted us! If you had a $20K-$25K a year customer that said they were leaving would you not make that a priority to contact them at the very least!?! This just reaffirms our decision to leave C.A. Also, be sure to watch out in the contract where it says "Yearly auto-renew contract". Yeah, that means there is a 30 day window each year where you can cancel your contract, otherwise they want you to pay the $500 a month until the end of your contract. I have 8 months left so that will be $4K wasted. I have never even heard of a contract like this. GOOD JOB TRICKING EVERYONE C.A.!

Needless to say we will never be using C.A. again for anything even if it was free. There are many more reasons we are leaving C.A. that I don't care to go into. The important things you should remember are the extremely poor customer service and the useless overcomplicated software they offer. I think already that C.A. marketplaces has become a glorified eBay Turbo Lister. In 2011 when eBay drops 3rd party checkout there really will be no reason to have have C.A. Heh, I would already recommend the $25 a month eBay Blackthorne program. Besides picture hosting, it does everything that C.A. marketplaces offers and the support is good considering how much you pay.

This is the first review I have ever posted on the internet. Nothing in the world has been a greater let down than Channel Advisor.
Supplier
UK, US, DE, Australia, China United Kingdom
ChannelAdvisor
Kudos: 40
ChannelAdvisor Response
1 Feb 2011
I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to deliver the best e-commerce platform and services on the planet, but in this case it sounds like we fell short. We’re by far the largest (and in our view the best) integration solution for eBay and Amazon – so, the good news is you can be comfortable we have the most scalable and battle-tested system on the market. At the same time, with thousands of customers, we can’t always address the specific functional needs of every individual customer, so we try to balance that with a strategic roadmap that we think gives our customers the best long-term growth opportunities. I appreciate you sharing your feedback and I’ll make sure someone from our services team reaches out to you to see if we can make things right for you.
–Dave Spitz, ChannelAdvisor President & COO
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ghaza
Kudos: 20
Worse Experience ever in UK
9 Feb 2011
Channel Advisors Staff cannot be trusted at all as they say one thing on the phone and do another in written. Some how we managed to get the system going and spent more money than we expected to get the system going. The facts are Channel Advisor provides a service which is connected to 3rd party companies i.e EBAY and Amazon. If we are unable to sell on those platform than the useless service we get provided by Channel Advisor is completely useless.

We contacted CA in regards to the cancellation and they told us with a rude email we cannot cancel and its been declined.

The fact is if I cannot use the service the company provides than the contract is not valid no more. Anyway please be careful and read SPECIAL TERMS prior to signing any contracts with any one.
United States United States
ussautoparts
Kudos: 100
LOL
6 Jun 2011
"I appreciate you sharing your feedback and I’ll make sure someone from our services team reaches out to you to see if we can make things right for you. –Dave Spitz, ChannelAdvisor President & COO"

Yeah, that never happened, but no surprise. Their customer lacks to say the least. Today we got our first call from a debt collector, which is funny considering that the contract date isn't even up yet.

Our sales have doubled since leaving, so I'm thrilled that i'm not spending $500 a month + 1%. We will save $20,000 a year now.

Best decision I have ever made for my business was leaving Channel Advisor.
Report review abuse

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco