Hmmm? Available for over 4 years but 'ALL' review/comments here are within less than 3 months?

Poster
g-sniper
Kudos: 65
starstarstardim stardim star
Hmmm? Available for over 4 years but 'ALL' review/comments here are within less than 3 months?
5 Mar 2011
Hmmm? Available for over 4 years but 'ALL' review/comments here are within less than 75 days of each other? I've seen this on Amazon also. Writers spend days inventing new registrations/ID's, and bombard the site with positive reviews of their books. When you actually narrow in on the dates - the positives are overwhelmingly placed within days of each other.

I think the service is actually pretty good.
Supplier
Canada Canada
Mario Vodopivec
Kudos: 73
Why most reviews are recent
8 Mar 2011
g-sniper,

The reason why most reviews are recent is because I gave an incentive to long-time Gixen users to leave a review here.

In particular, I offered 6 months of free Gixen mirror subscription to any 4-year or older user who leaves a review here, with no obligation that that review has to be positive.

Now, why did I do that? Because I noticed that some other services (no names here) are quite shameless with stuffing fake reviews of their service here.

I couldn't do the same - it's degrading really, but to offer incentive? Absolutely.

Are these reviews going to be biased? Probably yes, because if someone used Gixen for 4 years, it probably means he/she likes the service. But on the ethics ground, this is miles ahead of faking reviews, which is what some other services do. Go through the reviews and you will easily recognize them.

There is an explanation, I hope it's clear now.
Report review abuse

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics