Ok, I have a headache. Can you help me?

Poster
Jaade
Kudos: 120
Ok, I have a headache. Can you help me?
13 Mar 2006
Hello Everyone,

I am desperately trying to find a management solution for my new business. I have been reading through the posts and it has only increased my indecision. The info. is useful but I'm having trouble figuring out which is best for me.

Sooo, if you have the time and wouldn't mind helping me out I would appreciate it.

My history: I am currently small time but am working very hard to bump up to "Super Seller" I have tried the ebay line of products and I don't like it because I seem to run into alot of glitches. I tried the Vendio trial and while I like their product I don't think I'll be able to grow with them. I am currently giving Channel Advisor a shot and so far I am pleased. It has been very easy to work with, but before I commit I want to review all of my options.

Here is what I'm looking for:

Customer management (for cosigning and buyers)
Inventory management (I have tons of stuff coming in and want to be able track it all)
Integrate with Quickbooks
Streamline my emails and end of sales
Image fixing (crop, rotate, etc.)
Personalize my auctions
Business webpage
Desktop and Web acces would be nice, but I do prefer desktop
The ability to expand as my business grows

Ok, so that is asking alot, but that is what I need. So, is Channel Advisor the one, or are there other options?

Thank you again for any and all input.

Jaade
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,618
Re: Ok, I have a headache. Can you help me?
25 Mar 2006
Hi Jaade, and welcome to the site!

ChannelAdvisor Merchant should definitely provide all the features you want and leave room to grow, if the fees are not too high for you. Their Pro offering might not be powerful enough for you. Which one are you using?

Similar providers are Marketworks, Infopia, and Zoovy.

As your sales volume is not very high yet, you may find these solutions are overkill for your needs, but if you are serious about growing your business they will allow you to do that without needing to switch provider.

[Last edited: 25 Mar 2006]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Jaade
25 Mar 2006
Hello and thank you for your input.

I was using the trial version of CA Pro. I really liked how easy it was to use. I was set up to list in no time. The only thing I'm unsure about is having to use other sources (ie consignment management, HTML editors... little things). If I could afford CA Merchant I would sign up instantly. I really like CA professionalism and easy to use program.

Currently I am giving Marketworks a try. So far they seem to have everything (and then some) and even though it is a little overwhelming their help guides are packed with easy to understand info. They seem to be comparable with CA but I haven't fully used their program.

After my trial version with MW is over I will make up my mind... hopefully

Thanks again.

Jaade
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,618
25 Mar 2006
I'm glad it seems to be going well for you.

One thing to consider about CA is that Pro and Merchant are completely separate products, so upgrading might not be a painless process.

If you could submit a review of any of the solutions you have tried it would be appreciated.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Jaade
26 Mar 2006
I will certainly submit reviews. I think this is a great website and with the ever changing programs it is nice to have this here.

Jaade
Jaade
30 Mar 2006
I just wanted to say thanks for your input. I did finally decide on Marketworks. I think that they have a great program (yes I rated them ). I think that they get a bad rap because of their learning curve but it is has truly been worth it for me. So, thanks again.

Jaade
smarkman
Kudos: 15
18 Apr 2006
Hey Jaade,

So what made you choose Marketworks over Infopia or Channel Advisor?

I'm in the same boat. I work for large company that is looking to get into ebay, amazon, and overstock.

Infopia seems like it's not as big and tech saavy, but a bonus is that they're able to bring customers back to the original website.

Channel Advisor seems very good technically, but marketing-wise, not so good.

Marketworks seems good with marketing and technology, but are very expensive.

I don't know if the expense for Marketworks will outweigh the revenue it could draw. Infopia sounds like a good substitute.

Any one else have any comments?
Raul
Kudos: 85
24 Apr 2006
Hey folks,

I just read through the above thread and was a bit suprised no one mentioned Kyozou, the solution I use. As for automation and integration its far better then Marketworks, Infopia or ChannelAdvisor.

Its the complete package, inventory managment, automated shipping and everything in between. Check it out www.kyozou.com, some really large sellers (check out jayandmarie) use Kyozou.
Anonymous Ebayer
Kudos: 25
30 Apr 2006
We are ebay powersellers that sought out detailed information on this type of software with EVERY major company, including but not limited to Marketworks, Kyozou, and Channel Advisor. After asking hundreds of questions to each company about their specific capabilities and functionality, and researching customer satsifaction, server speed, and support response, we've decided on Channel Advisor, hands down. We are using their Merchant level program - which, by the way, they ARE negotiable with price if you really work at it with them. And FYI - Kyozou's monthly fees are NOT a draw against their percentage charges, while the other two companies are draws. In other words, Kyozou's monthly fees are in addition to their percentage fees.
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
sellthemoon
Kudos: 270
30 Apr 2006
I can only speak from our experience - Kyozou has a fixed monthly fee for a set number of listings (up to a maximum of).The only additional charges relate to having a website based upon the same inventory, where a small percentage on sales is charged on items sold via the website. Within the monthly fee Kyozou supports multiple eBay IDs, multiple templates, full consignment facilities,full inventory management inc. bar code readers & shelf locations,image manipulation ,customer discount codes (where the customer enters a code at checkout to receive a discount or extra product), option of a seperate website based upon the same inventory,full returns management,card payment facilities in the checkout process (if you have a merchant account), fully automated emails,notifications, non paying bidder process etc etc. I`m not YET fully endorsing them as we have only just changed, and I do have some reservations about the current UK integration, but one thing is for sure - unlike Marketworks we can actually use their interface!
Anonymous Ebayer
30 Apr 2006
Three reasons we chose Channel Advisor over Kyozou -

Kyozou's promotion code feature is not as extensive. You can send a promotion code to your clients that is global - for all of you products - but you cannot exclude products by category, only SKU number. In other words, if you want to send your customers a discount for your store inventory only, and exclude auction items, you cannot do that. You would have to either make it global, OR choose the specific SKU's that the promotion refers to (which is a tedious process).

One other reason is that Kyozou does not support Website Payments pro, which is the least expensive way to accept credit card payments online. Also allows for phone orders and fax orders, like other companies do.

Kyozou is not yet integrated with Ebay Express, either.

We think that Kyozou is better than Marketworks, but doesn't touch Channel Advisor Merchant in terms of flexibility.
Raul
Kudos: 85
1 May 2006
I\'m not sure where you got your information about Kyozou, but it certainly has Website Paypal payments Pro. I\'ve been using it with them for the last three months, I just checked ChannelAdvisor website and I see they just announced it. You really should do more thorough research.

As sellthemoon said, I pay a per listing price with Kyozou and no its not drawn down by listings.

I always though Kyozou\'s discount system was very extensive. Im pretty sure you can do what you described. I dont issue discounts so I logged into my Kyozou to check. You can INCLUDE a group of products, but not EXCLUDE. In other words, you create the promotion, you can then choose the exact products you want to promote. The beauty is you can do it in bulk, so if you have 500 items you want to promote you can sort it by folder, title, added on , which employee added it, interal reference or any of the other identifiers Kyozou allows you to search by and simply \'select all\'

I nvever did it, but it sure looks like it will do what you need.

Kyozou\'s newsletter last week said it will be integrated with eBay express May 8th.

As a 11 month Kyozou user I believe its the best system out there, but we all have different businessess and have our own opinions.
Anonymous Ebayer
1 May 2006
Hi - thanks. We spoke with Kyozou's reps directly. I think that's thorough research! We appreciate your input, though.
Seller1
Kudos: 385
3 Jun 2006
Kyozou will be a big mistake for a number of reasons. Their reps will sell you into it, but you'll find so many bugs and unexplained problems that they will blame on you. I have a number of issues with their system.
Seller1
Kudos: 385
3 Jun 2006
As a year and a half client with Kyozou I can promise you it will be a mistake to jump onto their system.

1. Auto-Lister profiles- do not function properly. Every day I have to deal with 3 or 4 auctions posting, when only one should have. Futhermore, every other week I'll go through where sometimes the auctions don't get launched at all. So, between 5-10pm no auctions were launched one day. That's lost money. How can you function as a businss under these circumstances

2. Customer support- When you call Kyozou you are patched through a secretary who half the time never transfers your call. But, when you actually get through you get one of a few random techs who I have dealt with daily. One tech is clueless, one never shows up to work, and the other first tries to make you feel like you are the problem...not the software.

3. Billing problems- I have had them triple bill me, overbill, etc. It takes til the next bill cycle for them to credit.

4. Checkout- Their checkout system is cool as far as interface, but you need to have more features. We are one of the top sellers on eBay not just because of our selection, high feedback, and knowledge of how to post auctions. Marketings and checkout is really important. Kyozou's system does a poor job of offering other products during checkout. It is also is poor at giving customers the opportunity to change the quantity during checkout. It's such an easy thing that they don't take advantage of. Whoever uses kyozou is losing money and opportunity.

5. Zip Code Issues- I have had so many files corrupted because kyozou has some sort of error with zip codes. I had one time where I was told "Wow..we've never seen that zip code. Our system didn't have it in our files." What a joke. You'll always be second best to sellers who don't have this issue.

Bottom line: If you want to have these amateur problems and lost out on opportunities to make money, be my guest and sign up with Kyozou. At the end of the day you'll be stuck wondering what it could have been like to have over 100,000 feedbacks and spare time to actually grow your business. I personally enjoy playing golf, surfing, and letting my system do its job. I know you'll be dealing with daily problems that come up due to Kyozou.

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister