Auctiva made Auction Sentry unstable, then imposed 400% price hike. Time for another user to leave.

Poster
paul888
Kudos: 83
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Auctiva made Auction Sentry unstable, then imposed 400% price hike. Time for another user to leave.
20 Dec 2012
Here's an example of management incompetence fit for an MBA course case study.

What type of company pays for a great piece of software with a very loyal client base, then re-works it such that it become totally unstable with almost every new version release, then imposes an annual subscription on people who paid a one-off fee, then hikes that fee to a ridiculous $60 per year for a tiny piece of software that's not worth more than $10 a year?

Any decent executive would nurture that loyal customer base, improve the software, price it suitably, have customers raving about it on forums, expand the customer base, become the dominant vendor, be praised to the sky, have the glow reflect on their overall reputation. To the CEO of Auctiva: how have you kept your job? Please share the secret.

For me, it's time to quit using a software I've used since 2005. I'm currently looking at Auction Defender, Auction Magic, Gixen and Myibidder. All seem ok at first glance. After all, it's not exactly rocket science.
Report review abuse

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics