OK but missing some critical functions

Poster
Joseph
Kudos: 159
starstarstardim stardim star
OK but missing some critical functions
25 Aug 2013
Most of the other reviews are pretty accurate so I just give some basic Pros and Cons from my experience with ShipWorks.

PRO:
-Speed and interface is beautiful. It take seconds for me to lookup old orders as their DB is very robust.
-So many customization.

CON:
-Weight by SKU is not built in.
-Does not handle international orders well. Actually, I have to reprint them multiple times because Shipworks keep choking on them.
-Not very user friendly. Learning curve is quite step IMO.
-No Pick List
-No reporting feature.
-Not enough built-in off the shelf features. I don't want to customize everything. Just give me some standard features so i don't have to waste time customizing it.

All in all, the cons are dealbreakers for me so I am no longer a Shipworks customer. It is not a bad solution if you require lot of customization and don't mind the learning curve.
Supplier
United States United States
Brett with ShipWorks
Kudos: 30
Just to clarify
26 Aug 2013
Thanks Joseph for providing the valued feedback. We're sorry to hear about your less than ideal experience with our software.

It seems there is some confusion around our product. The ShipWorks support team would be happy to work with you directly to train on features and ensure ShipWorks functions exactly to your liking!

ShipWorks automates item weights as they are sent/downloaded from the order source/shopping cart system.

ShipWorks handles international orders automatically and easily, batches of up to 1000 with one mouse click.

ShipWorks has built in pick list (and many other stock reports), try the "Items by Name" report.

Reporting in ShipWorks is extremely robust and infinitely customizable.

It seems the dealbreakers are luckily just misunderstandings?! We'd be happy to work with you directly to aid in any customization and/or training you may need. After all, we do provide FREE TELEPHONE SUPPORT! (US technicians based in our St Louis Office.)

Hope to hea...
Joseph
Kudos: 159
Comment to Brett
26 Aug 2013
Hi Brett,

I am no longer using ShipWorks and my comments were based on what i use 4 months ago so if some of those features have been added since then you can clarify for others.

Regarding some of the items you mention:
1) Weight by SKU. Unless this is a brand new feature added, Shipworks does not import weights from Amazon even though Amazon supplies it. I didn't see the weights being imported for ebay either. The only way to put in weights for each SKU is by adding individual automation rules that I will not do for hundreds of SKU.

2) International orders are not check for address length and sometimes it get printed on wrong paper size. Foreign characters will not print period. Part of that is probably Endicia hiccup more than Shipworks, but Shipworks really could do a better job with the international orders as I end up printing them on Paypal without issues.

Thanks and maybe you can clarify more on those issues.
Supplier
Brett with ShipWorks
Kudos: 30
Update
26 Aug 2013
Thanks again for the feedback Joseph. We'd be happy to assist directly. Please don't hesiate to reach out should you ever consider ShipWorks in the future.

Regarding your update, ShipWorks v3 has downloaded weights from Amazon basically since they added it to their MWS API. The exact date of the release was 09/06/2012 (when it was added with ShipWorks v3.2). It also does pull weights for eBay orders as well!

You're correct in that ShipWorks will not attempt to truncate address data when sending to the shipping provider in question.

To the best of my knowledge ShipWorks does support the foreign characters as well as possible. (Specifically meaning that we store the special characters correctly in the ShipWorks program and do include the special characters in the request files when we request the shipping provider create and provide the shipping label to ShipWorks.)
Report review abuse

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office