Used Volusion now for 3 years

Poster
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
starstarstarstardim star
Used Volusion now for 3 years
28 Jun 2014
I currently use this solution for 2 websites, JaxMusicSupply.com and TheGuitarPickStore.com. I had tried several other solutions over the years including the following: OsCommerce, CandyPress, Zen-Cart, X-Cart, Network Solutions shopping cart, and possibly several others. Basically I got tired of being my own administrator and working through semi-professional solutions. Volusion offered a professional out of the box solution. They offered all the standared ecommerce services you would expect. It is easy to navigate, add products, and has all the fields you would ever need. It also offers an upload function so you can use spreadsheets and csv files. The interface is intuitive and easy to use with lots of integrated features. There service is excellent with quick responses and you can call for service most of the time. They send out informative newsletters and create interesting videos to assist you. Most professional e-commerce solutions offer all these services now.

All this said, I actually liked BigCommerce better. What sold me on Volusion was the API, which allows you to tie into the database to perform various functions. BigCommmerce didn't offer anything similar at the time and it was essential to keep my inventory synched across websites and marketplaces. Downside? The response from their API can be a little slow at times, causing a timeout on your server. Additionally, the price seems kind of high to me, but is not any different with the competition.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
One other note...
28 Jun 2014
OCD designs (also reviewed on this site) did the website design and matching ebay templates and store design.
Report review abuse

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager