Set-up for the best programs to use for a web retailer

Poster
pooja
Kudos: 32
Set-up for the best programs to use for a web retailer
9 Jul 2014
Hi,

We are in the process of defining ourselves as an emerging web retailers and we are growing our business day by day. Increasing count of orders made us to take up a decision to buy soft wares to help cater our business needs. We started using Stone Edge about a 6 months ago as our inventory manager. We then bought Monsoon Pro. Monsoon Pro have a very bad customer support and training services. They do not resolve issues in time and we had many problems.

Can anyone help us out to find the best software which will do the job of both Stone Edge and Monsoon.

Thank you,
Evertech
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
Re: Set-up for the best programs to use for a web retailer
10 Jul 2014
I suggest you check out the reviews. They are conveniently grouped by category.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,664
10 Jul 2014
Hi pooja/Evertech, thanks for posting!

There's no solution that's the best for everyone - it depends on your own unique business. Monsoon Pro is best known as a tool for media sellers (books, DVDs etc). Do you sell media? What kind of order volumes are you getting? Are you selling internationally? Which marketplaces do you sell on? If you have your own store, what platform is that on? Are there specific problems or challenges you are having at the moment?

Sorry for all the questions! If you can give me some information along those lines I'll try to narrow it down for you.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
pooja
10 Jul 2014
Hey Andy,

Thank you for the response! We don't sell media, we sell security surveillance systems. We caught up with Monsoon because of Stone Edge. Stone Edge works well for us, especially kitting and bundling features work best for us. To integrate Stone Edge with marketplaces we had to buy Monsoon as Stone edge and monsoon work hand in hand. The biggest problem we have with monsoon is very bad customer support and no training. They never provided training and wanted us to reach out to the customer support, and the customer support responds after couple days when we have already lost our business.

We bought Monsoon about one and a half months ago and still they did not integrate all our market places. We have only set up amazon and we are not able to use any of its features too.

We want a system to help us do order management, inventory management, listings management, shipping at one central place from all marketplaces. Some of our major requirements are: Kitting-bundling products, flexibility to add orders from walk-in customers, reporting, reconciliation, multiple accounts on certain marketplaces

Our order volume is average, I would say not too high not too low.
We don't sell internationally.
We sell on amazon, ebay, new egg and rakuten presently.
Our store is on magento.

I hope I answered all of you r questions.

Thank you,
Evertech
Andy
10 Jul 2014
OK that's great information, thanks. As you are happy with Stone Edge it would be a shame to lose it, at least in the short term.

The first idea that comes to mind is Magento plug-in M2E Pro. It handles listing from Magento to eBay, Amazon and Rakuten but not currently Newegg.

As you already use Magento it would hopefully not be a big leap to add M2E Pro. There's a great site with some free videos on how to use it called UnderstandingE, and I've dropped one of the guys there an email to see if he can add to this thread - he posts here sometimes. Their more advanced videos you have to pay for, but it's not expensive.

If Newegg is a big one for you, you may need to make a bigger change and replace StoneEdge too. This is the list of inventory/listing software that works with Newegg, according to the database here. I'm focusing on Newegg as it's the marketplace with the smallest support base, so starting there narrows it down quickly.

From that list, ChannelAdvisor Marketplaces you've already mentioned. It can be expensive and there are some negative opinions on it, but there are also businesses who rave about it. The others don't have reviews yet but Mailware is well-established and I've heard good things about it in the forum. The others (Seller Cloud, SalesWarp, SellerActive) are pretty new and I haven't heard anything about them. They might be fantastic, but you'd need to rely on your own judgement for that. That covers all those that work with eBay, Amazon, Rakuten and Newegg - to the best of my knowledge.

By the way, Stone Edge was an acquisition by Monsoon in 2011 - they weren't originally written to work together so that might explain it if you've found the integration glitchy.

I hope that helps, would be great to hear how it works out for you.

[Last edited: 10 Jul 2014]
pooja
10 Jul 2014
Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! We will go over all of them and come up with our decision.

We would like to ask you about Stitch Labs.

Have you heard about them? Do you know what kind of reviews they have?

Please let us know!

Thank you,
Evertech
Andy
11 Jul 2014

pooja wrote:

We would like to ask you about Stitch Labs.

Have you heard about them? Do you know what kind of reviews they have?
Yes, I know Stitch. They have quite a lot of buzz about them, venture capital investment - that kind of thing. I've always connected them with Etsy sellers although they now support several other marketplaces, but not Rakuten or Newegg.
Kudos: 15
21 Nov 2014
If you sell on eBay forget it. Too many bugs and support is terrible. I have to look for a new system right before Black Friday since their support is so bad!

[Last edited: 21 Nov 2014]
ScarfKing
Kudos: 333
19 Jan 2015
@pooja
I am currently in the trial phase of Stitch Labs and I have to say that I really like it so far.

Pros:
UI is very attractive and clear. I actually enjoy looking at this screen!
Tasks are logically arranged.
I haven't discovered any bugs so far.
Support is sometimes hard to get hold of, but they are friendly, knowledgable and upbeat. They have been very honest about what the program can and can't do, and what future plans are.
Lots of available integrations and you are not charged by how many you use, so you can sell internationally as well as domestically without increasing your costs.
Very economical price, though you are in a higher tier if you need FBA integration.

Most of all, integration with my present Ebay, Amazon and BigCommerce sites was INCREDIBLY EASY! You just click a few buttons and it imports it. And, unlike most software of this type, IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!. Yes, you have a little bit of cleanup to do afterward, mostly due to your own past mistakes with skus, etc, but Stitch makes that cleanup really easy to do by identifying the problems and giving you a clear way to fix them. Absolutely the best I have seen in any cloud software,, including Ebay and the 'zon. Setup for this platform is very quick and very easy. Figure a couple of hours: no bs.

They are also trying to move into listing, with Ebay first, but there is no date on that yet and I wouldn't count on it.

Cons:
Reporting is weak. Like most software of this type, the reports are canned reports created by people who know nothing about running a retail business. However, they are in the midst of a major upgrade of their reporting, so I think that will improve.

Slow screen refresh, but not disastrous. Said to work better in Chrome (I use firefox)

No native shipping platform: you have to use an add-on, which adds $25/month to your cost.

The test for me will be whether I can integrate my store POS into their api, which they will make available within a couple of months. If that works, I will be very very happy with StitchLabs.

Again, this is a trial period, so I can't be unequivocal, but so far, so good.

[Last edited: 19 Jan 2015]
Supplier
New York, NY United States
Skubana
Kudos: 128
26 Jan 2015

pooja wrote:

We want a system to help us do order management, inventory management, listings management, shipping at one central place from all marketplaces. Some of our major requirements are: Kitting-bundling products, flexibility to add orders from walk-in customers, reporting, reconciliation, multiple accounts on certain marketplaces

Our order volume is average, I would say not too high not too low.
We don't sell internationally.
We sell on amazon, ebay, new egg and rakuten presently.
Our store is on magento.

Evertech
Hey Pooja,

Since you're looking for an all in one system I definitely can help you, especially when it comes to bundling items together, syncing multiple sales channels and managing your inventory effectively.

Feel free to PM, or email me. I'd love to talk and provide some insight.

Thanks Pooja and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim
Jim
www.Skubana.com
@Skubana_ERP

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister