Amazon Product Ads
Closed

Poster
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
Amazon Product Ads
17 Jul 2014
Wonder if anyone has tried Amazon Product Ads ?

Any feedback would be helpful
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: Amazon Product Ads
18 Jul 2014
Haven't used it but there's some good info on this podcast:

www.buildmyonlinestore.com/pod...rs-guide-amazon-pay-per-click/

You could skip to about 4 minutes in.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Los Angeles United States
InternetMarketingDotNet
Kudos: 215
22 Jul 2014
Amazon Product Ads works well. We have a number of clients on Amazon Product Ads, and for some, it does better than Google Shopping.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
22 Jul 2014

InternetMarketingDotNet wrote:

Amazon Product Ads works well. We have a number of clients on Amazon Product Ads, and for some, it does better than Google Shopping.
Hi there, welcome to the site and thank you for your posts

Any insights into what type of seller might do well with Amazon Product Ads? Do you need to be "filling the gaps" in Amazon's own catalog, for example, or can it work to compete head-on?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
InternetMarketingDotNet
22 Jul 2014
Hi Andy,

I don't have insight on which types of merchants do well on Amazon - I will update as soon as I can break it down.

Amazon's minimum CPC used to be a deterrent. However, with the success of Google Shopping, we've found that we are often bidding 3x as high as we would on Amazon, and Amazon can often convert better.

We do find that integrating Amazon payments to your site increases CTR's and conversion rates, so highly recommended.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
23 Jul 2014
I have been running very small scale tests on 2 products. One has done well, the other has not. My click through overall has been about 1% - I don't consider this too bad. I find Amazon Ads kind of limiting in that we are paying twice for traffic. So, if they click, I pay some small amount ( I want to say $0.25 but I cannot remember at the moment) to drive traffic to a listing that I will pay 15% commission on. The two products I have used it with are some of the few that I have a significant margin on to afford some additional advertising plus Amazon's commission.
InternetMarketingDotNet
23 Jul 2014
Hi Jax,

Perhaps I'm misunderstood OP's question.

There are 2 types of Amazon PPC programs:

1) Amazon CPC - This is to advertise your Amazon products within Amazon. There's no minimum bids, you can start at (I think) $.02. However, since the traffic is going to your Amazon listing, you will also pay the commission fee. Amazon CPC works better for people who get the buy box most of the time (e.g. selling your own custom products, or where you created the ASIN), as you are only eligible to have your ads show up if you are eligible in that auction for the buy box. For my motorcycle gear, for example, I've run it for 6 months, at $.05, and gotten 2 sales. It was worth it, but I didn't get much volume.

2) Amazon Product Ads - These ads are going to your own site, so there's no double paying. However, there is a minimum CPC per product category, and it goes up, depending on what the price of the product you are selling is. This is a great addition for anyone who is doing PPC/Google Shopping to their own site. Here, having your product match up to an ASIN is advantagous, as Amazon will show you more often. That being said, I have clients who custom manufacture their own products, and they do extremely well on Amazon Product Ads.

I was referring to the product ads.
London United Kingdom
Matt Thorpe
Kudos: 204
15 Oct 2014
I have been using Amazon product ads for nearly a year now on Amazon.co.uk. To be honest, they are far cheaper than Google and they convert better. You obviously need to be careful because you need a good product and your pricing needs to be attractive. One thing to mention is that you can only place an ads if you own the buy box (i.e the cheapest).

I worked with a new tech bag brand called Crosskase. When we launched on Amazon we were completely unknown, there were a tons of well-known brands on there already and the competition included over 10,000 other bags.

We used Amazon ads to drive sales, encourage feedbacks and start getting Crosskase up the natural listings. Amazon ranks your products based on clicks, conversions, sales and feedback.

We have now got to the point where a couple of products are on the cusp of page 1 and sales are flowing in naturally at a good rate. However, we still use the ads strategically to gain exposure when people are online the most - usually Sunday and Monday evenings. These seem to be the busiest times where the conversion is best.

Amazon ads also work well because people can't amuse the ad copy like on Google. It's literally - Price, Picture and Rating.

I hope this helps.

Matt Thorpe
E-Commerce & Online Marketing Consultant
Grasshopperuk.com

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister