What do you like and dislike about eBay's Resolution Center?

Poster
Florida United States
samantha
Kudos: 27
What do you like and dislike about eBay's Resolution Center?
22 Jul 2014
I understand there is a lot of controversy regarding the use of eBay's Resolution Center, especially for sellers.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share with me their pain points along with any advice you may have for other sellers to make their lives easier, specifically to either:

1. Protect yourself from cases being closed in the buyer's favor
2. Prevent cases from being opened in the first place

Thank you!
Supplier
Australia Australia
Waterhouse Research
Kudos: 78
Re: What do you like and dislike about eBay's Resolution Cen
22 Jul 2014
Samantha, I love the fact that ebay makes the resolution centre available to everybody and will often help the seller by removing inappropriate defects however... I don't like the fact we have to continuously call in? Why can't removing inappropriate defects be automated?

Yesterday we spent over 2 hours on the phone to ebay customer service.!
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,316
23 Jul 2014
Hi Samantha

In reverse order:

2. Obviously we try to describe our items as accurately as possible and dispatch within the stated time. We also send the customer an email when the order is dispatched asking them to contact us through ebay messaging rather than opening a dispute as we can process this quicker due to the number of internal channels involved. This helps us in 9 out of 10 cases.

1. If cases go this far it appears to be hit and miss.

Two examples that are 100% genuine.

Customer A buys item 1. After receiving notification that the order has been dispatched, A contacts us through ebay messaging to say that they no longer want the item. Too late for us to get it back from the courier. We reply with the standard " No problem, send it back and we will refund the purchase price" email. Customer replies with "Thank you, sorry to be a pain."

Customer B buys item 1. After receiving the item they contact us to say that they no longer want the item through ebay messaging. We reply with the standard " No problem, send it back and we will refund the purchase price" email. Customer replies with "Thank you"

When customers A and B find out that it will cost around £10 to post back a £20 item, they both open cases as "Not as described"

After several emails to ebay regarding customers A and B, providing information from ebay messages, Customer A was not refunded, and a case against us removed, while customer B was refunded and we have a "strike" !

Why the difference ?

It is easier to get negative feedback removed !

The problem appears to be with ebay customer service and the level of experience that their operatives have.

I have given up with giving them a call, but even with online chat you could be waiting for hours.

If there was a viable alternative to ebay and their ever changing standards we would be there in a shot.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Supplier
Florida United States
samantha
Kudos: 27
23 Jul 2014
Thank you both for your insight!

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor