Digital Camera

Poster
repete
Kudos: 30
Digital Camera
1 May 2006
I’m getting ready start my EBay business and I have a question regarding digital cameras. What camera would you guys recommend? I understand clear and detailed images of your products are very important to your business. Does anybody use any of the below cameras. If not please give a good recommendation.

Canon Powershot A530

Sony Cybershot W5

Canon Powershot SD400

Nikon Coolpix 5600

HP Photosmart R717

Thank You
United States United States
tekgems
Kudos: 100
Re: Digital Camera
10 May 2006
I bought a high-end state of the art digital camera about two years ago. I rarely use it because its so complicated. I just use my older trust Sony Mavica that floppy and Memory Stick. To me, extreme ease of use in terms of shooting and getting pictures to your computer are great selling points.

I am also testing out a usb webcam that automatically saves the image or series of stop-motion images to the hard drive. The images are already on the hard drive and I just pick the images that I want and I'm done.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
11 May 2006
Pictures destined for the web (rather than printing) do not need a high resolution, so you don't need a fantastically high spec camera.

You might find that investing in a lightbox like PhotoBox Studio or EZ Cube Photo Light Tents has a bigger impact on picture quality.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
London United Kingdom
auctioning4u.co.uk
Kudos: 150
21 May 2006
I would be interested in hearing about any good camera that allows photos to be uploaded wirelessly.

Christian
Christian
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
22 May 2006
Hi Christian, I assume you need the fast speed and medium range of Wi-Fi, rather than slow and close-range Bluetooth. I can see why this would be useful in a large drop-off operation like yours.

This feature has been appearing on new camera models since September last year. For example:

Nikon Coolpix P1, P2, and S6
Canon PowerShot SD430
Kodak EasyShare ONE

I don't own one of those so can't give a personal recommendation.

More info:

www.digitalcamera-hq.com/hqguides/wifi-cameras.html
news.digitaltrends.com/article8398.html

There is also the Eye-Fi, which is a WiFi-equipped 1GB flash memory card which will add WiFi to any compatible camera - when it's released.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
London United Kingdom
auctioning4u.co.uk
Kudos: 150
22 May 2006
Thanks, that's helpful. Will check them out.

Christian
Christian

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager