How many orders do you get each day?

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
How many orders do you get each day?
6 Aug 2014
Are you just getting started, with a few sales each day? Or do you get hundreds? Let us know!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Virginia Beach, VA United States
yourprice757
Kudos: 36
Re: How many orders do you get each day?
6 Aug 2014
We are just starting our online store. We plan to sell as many items as we can to reach our goals as young entrepreneurs.
Sheffield United Kingdom
SportsTrophyCo
Kudos: 41
7 Aug 2014
Orders for me are seasonal so I generally have to put some money aside for the cold months. I generally get around 10 orders a day in the summer which keeps me in full time engraving mode and I have extra staff help me during the middle of the week in order to get everything out for weekend events.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
7 Aug 2014
@yourprice757 @SportsTrophyCo

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting!

If we can just get more people doing winter sports that should help! Who's for Curling?
Supplier
Manchester United Kingdom
Dave - UnderstandingE
Kudos: 82
7 Aug 2014
As I don't sell online as a retailer this is a tough one to answer, however what I would say is the beauty of Cross Border Trade (CBT) is that although it may be winter here, it is summer over in Australia and the East.

Likewise for Sports trophies, things like the NHL and other sports run through the winter globally. You will always have the problem with couriers and getting the items to customers however if you can build an audience, I imagine in your business you are likely to attract return business.

So with some clever marketing and some relationship building you may be able to utilise some more business through the winter months.

Just a thought

Dave
UnderstandingE - Multi-Channel Software doesn't have to be expensive
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
7 Aug 2014
Slow time of year right now. Average right now is about 60 per day. Probably about 65 on a pay week (1st and 15th of month). It will increase to average about 80 per day in Q4. Since I've been working on growing I hope to make this much better this year. This is for 1700 items, 3 marketplaces, and 2 websites.
Shenzen China Australia
Tim298
Kudos: 446
7 Aug 2014
Being a multi sku supplier the numbers always look good, but remember we sell to buyers that then onsell through sales channels, we also deal directly with some of these sales channels - our focus is low margin, big volume.

A great week is where we have a big sale in a large market such as EU, UK, or USA - can be 25k-70k units (we have at least 10 - 15 of these per year). In Aus we have a strong sales partner where we feature 50 unique products per month - some of these will sell 100 units, some 5000 in the month.

Sending from China, Late Jan to mid Feb is dead, and then the rest of feb is also dead for drop shipping as they clear china new year orders - there are a few other festivals that we need to be mindful of and we can only work with landed stocks in Dec as Xmas kills many postal channels. A 12 month year quickly becomes 10 months with a few weeks to be careful of in the middle. We are entering the HOT season now - the thing that is harder to control is the delivery times now
Texas United States
rangerdeb
Kudos: 242
7 Aug 2014
It depends - at one time I could predict selling a certain number of things and could prepare. Right now, sales are down and I'm trying to get more of my vintage items listed on Etsy and Bonanza. Since I am so slow in listing these, I asked and received excellent pointers and advice from several of you on software that should help me streamline the process. Thank you again to all of those who offered suggestions.
United States United States
EmilyK
Kudos: 39
8 Aug 2014
Hi!
I am new to WebRetailer.

On a low month, around 30 Amazon orders a day; higher months I average around 100.
Andy
8 Aug 2014
Hi EmilyK, welcome to the site and thanks for posting

That's a big difference, do you sell something that's seasonal?
United States United States
EmilyK
Kudos: 39
8 Aug 2014

Andy wrote:

Hi EmilyK, welcome to the site and thanks for posting

That's a big difference, do you sell something that's seasonal?
Yes, we have two big seasons - back to school and Christmas.
London United Kingdom
bb_bb
Kudos: 28
9 Aug 2014
Not many orders as new product but, it is the start of the footie season and I am optimistic. Could do with some retailers though! High Profile footballers and Amateurs alike in Football/Soccer, Rugby, have had their careers interrupted by metatarsal injuries. Duration of rest before recovery = 10 to 21 weeks.

The Metatarsal Guard is designed to blocks hard and malicious tackles to the top of the foot, preventing Metatarsals fractures, the Guard enhances the shape of the foot in the boot, boosting Power and Accuracy. prevention is better than cure: youtube.com/watch?v=oo65SYs8JPk check it out at: metatarsalinjuryguard.eu/

[Last edited by moderator: Fixed links — 9 Aug 2014]
Fact: Metatarsal Fractures account for more than 40% of all serious foot injuries! Duration of rest before recovery = 10 to 21 weeks.
Andy
9 Aug 2014
@bb welcome to the site and thanks for the post!

Very interesting product!
south shields United Kingdom
cathyebayathome
Kudos: 28
12 Aug 2014
@Andy Hi, my name is cath. newbie. I have been selling on ebay and ebid.net since February.

Registered as a small business in May. building slowly, maybe 1-2 sales a day. although it has been slower during holiday time. Any advice on how best to increase sales is welcome.

so far I have nearly 100 items listed on two sites. sharing as much as I can with social media. I have also a Pinterest account, with is great.

any advice welcome.
Andy
12 Aug 2014
@cathyebayathome

Hi cath, welcome to the site and thanks for posting

If you can start a new topic and tell us a bit more about what you are selling and your eBay user ID we'll try to give you some help.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister