Can I use Turbolister data for new website

Poster
culateru2
Kudos: 23
Can I use Turbolister data for new website
6 Aug 2014
I have been selling with Ebay for a bit and wanted to expand ( I do not have an Ebay Store). I thought I could build my own website and might sell on both or just direct to ebay from the site. I created all my records on TurboLister, I have over 2,000 items (not including duplicates) to sell. I have 2 questions I hope you can help with:

-Can I use the data from Turbolister and incorporate or somehow use with my own website? If not, how can I duplicate the info already on Turbolister to use on another program/ site.

-I was going to use Weebly to create a site, has anyone used this site and have feedback?

Any help would be appreciated.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: Can I use Turbolister data for new website
7 Aug 2014
Hi there, welcome to the site and thanks for posting

The hosted shopping carts like Shopify, Bigcommerce and Volusion are more advanced than Weebly for ecommerce. Shopify for example has lots of eBay-compatible apps including an importer.

They're not free like Weebly, but I think you get what you pay for!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
7 Aug 2014
You should be able to export your Turbo Lister data to a CSV file that can be imported by most e-commerce platforms. However, you will still need to go in and tweak those product pages - usually adding images and other data (especially necessary for SEO). The other thing is that you will still need to update the inventory on both sites, it will not be maintained automatically. As Andy mentioned, there are more advanced carts that do some of the ebay synchronization work but I find them expensive. Even Volusion, which I love, allows you to list items from Volusion to Ebay but doesn't do any other maintence in terms of inventory control.

Since you mention that you use TurboLister, and have 2000 items, you may want to look at a more advanced ebay listing tool, even if it requires some fees. I found it very difficult to use Turbo lister once I got past about 500 items. Good luck!
North Chicagoland United States
culateru2
Kudos: 23
7 Aug 2014
Thanks for the info, do you know if Shopify somehow imports the images as well. If not, do you know if one that will? If they don't I can't even imagine how much time it would take to get those pics matched to the listings, unless someone know of an easy way?

I have had pretty good luck with TurboLister, even though I have lots of items. I just have to make sure I keep compacting and keeping it clean. Although, I always back-up since I am paranoid it will become unstable any day.

Thanks again!
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
7 Aug 2014
I would contact Shopify about their import options.

culateru2 wrote:

Thanks for the info, do you know if Shopify somehow imports the images as well. If not, do you know if one that will? If they don't I can't even imagine how much time it would take to get those pics matched to the listings, unless someone know of an easy way?

I have had pretty good luck with TurboLister, even though I have lots of items. I just have to make sure I keep compacting and keeping it clean. Although, I always back-up since I am paranoid it will become unstable any day.

Thanks again!

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor