Do you use any ecommerce software or services?
Closed

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
Do you use any ecommerce software or services?
14 Aug 2014
Do you use any tools to help you sell online? If you do, which ones are they?

Or maybe you have used "services" like designers, developers or fulfillment houses?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Leicestershire United Kingdom
Crucial Music
Kudos: 124
Re: Do you use any ecommerce software or services?
14 Aug 2014
I have been on eBay and Amazon for years (and prior to that High Street retail) and hope soon to put my toe in the waters of ecommerce . I need that liberty! So I will be watching here for some tips so would encourage other folks to post helpful comments (please!)
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
14 Aug 2014
I've used lots and written lots of reviews on this very site.

Currently using:

SixBit for eBay listing
ShipWorks for fulfillment
Globegistics for international mail consolidation services
Appeagle for repricing on Amazon

I wrote my own software for determining best price to use as well as synchronize inventory and pricing across channels.
Texas United States
rangerdeb
Kudos: 242
14 Aug 2014
I've not used any ecommerce sites or software, yet, but Jax Music, Andy and some others here have been kind enough to lead me in the right direction. Thanks again!
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,304
15 Aug 2014
We are currently using:

Linnworks for inventory control across multiple platforms and international marketplaces
Shopify for our websites
Reply Manager for multi platform messaging
Frooition for ebay template design
Mean Repricer (Linnworks add on) for Amazon repricing

We used to use:

Web Interpret
Auctiva
Terapeak
Amazon Webstore

The problem with online selling is that there is no "one size fits all" solution. What works for one may not work for another. If you can, always try and get a free trial, or ask questions on the forums before signing up for a service if you are unsure.

[Last edited by moderator: Fixed typo — 12 Sep 2014]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Shenzen China Australia
Tim298
Kudos: 446
15 Aug 2014
I love this forum, another Post which really highlights the fact I don't know much about anything !!! - interesting to see these posts, at the moment we are looking at creating our own Ecommerce sites, with our operation in China we have an IT team that does the things we need done for our sites like www.prodropshipping.com - I dont know what they use though, we also have www.zarmark.com as a taobao agent, again - I have no idea.

I looked at creating a site for my fashion stuff recently, and crowd sourced a group from India that ended up being the pits, not a suggestion that all would be, just I chose badly, we were moving too fast etc.

My first Ecommercie site was based in Aus and the company was called Nasyana Business Services - they were great, reasonable pricing for AUS too.

I will read on this post and look to learn some things here that can help me with making the right decision to make the next site well.
Supplier
Nottingham United Kingdom
UK Fulfilment
Kudos: 58
15 Aug 2014
We use www.storefeeder.com as the software to run our fulfilment centre.

It may seem strange for a fulfilment company to use a multi channel software to run it's warehouse but we helped develop the order processing capabilities of StoreFeeder, including the barcode picking functionality, and these are now available to all StoreFeeder's customers.

The main advantage of using this software for us is the ability to offer a wide range of channel and marketplace integrations to our customers. So if they sell on eBay, Amazon and Magento, these are really easy for us to link to which results in the orders from all channels coming into our system directly and quickly, meaning we can process more orders same day.

t also links to our carriers so producing parcel labels is a one scan operation and this not only prints the label, but also marks the orders as despatched on channel and adds the relevant tracking number for the parcel to the order.

All in all, very useful software that manages our entire operation excellently.
UK Fulfilment - Delivering your orders worldwide
Otago New Zealand
NonScents
Kudos: 106
16 Aug 2014
I only use a local site called Trademe it has worked well for me in the past but has slowed down recently. Not sure why
United Kingdom United Kingdom
AlexSurrey
Kudos: 34
18 Aug 2014

Andy wrote:

Do you use any tools to help you sell online? If you do, which ones are they?

Or maybe you have used "services" like designers, developers or fulfillment houses?
Magento (platform) + M2E Pro (tool) + understandinge.com (how to do it yourself) = would do the trick for you. With mentioned solution - all you pay is a hosting..

With 57 000+ downloads of M2E Pro (see www.magentocommerce.com/magent...azon-rakuten-and-play-com.html) I guess there is not much to be added.. Dozens of thousands of companies worldwide (including Argos and Liverpool Football club in the UK) use this solution 24/7/365. This is just to give you an idea of scale-ability.
Winchester, VA United States
crowell33
Kudos: 23
20 Aug 2014
We're currently using Volusion for our eCommerce platform/shopping cart. Contemplating looking at Amazon, but the $40/month seems a bit steep. Don't use eBay or anything else at this time.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
20 Aug 2014

crowell33 wrote:

We're currently using Volusion for our eCommerce platform/shopping cart. Contemplating looking at Amazon, but the $40/month seems a bit steep. Don't use eBay or anything else at this time.
Welcome to the site and thanks for posting!

You don't have to pay $40 for the Professional selling plan on Amazon, but it works out cheaper if you sell more than 40 items per month.

Amazon's rules on weapons are very detailed and are probably worth a read www.amazon.com/gp/help/custome...topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200277700

[Last edited: 20 Aug 2014]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Phoenix, AZ United States
ShopTab
Kudos: 53
20 Aug 2014
It's interesting to see how diverse this list of solutions is. I honestly expected more than 50% to be Amazon.

I work for an "f-commerce" software that helps businesses create a Facebook store (www.shoptab.net), so I can't speak as a direct seller, but most of our customers seem to be using:

Magento
Volusion
Amazon
Etsy
Big Commerce

Some of our customers who were originally using these platforms are now selling more on their Facebook page (that seems to work best for brands that have already established themselves socially).

I'm curious - has anyone seen success with social selling (f-commerce)? With our platform or with other platforms? There seems to be a lot of change happening with commerce in the social space.
Montana United States
rick imby
Kudos: 25
9 Oct 2014
I have been using ebay proseller, Amazon FBA and Big Commerce.

Big commerce has been a total failure for me---likely my fault however.

I run it as two different businesses --ebay and Amazon. I order separately. The Amazon inventory we split up and ship to the three or four different warehouses. The Ebay inventory we warehouse and self fullfill.

My original goal when getting started was to build a mailing ---or emailling-- list of potential customers from ebay and then sell product to them direct. That next step never got properly taken.
Newcastle Australia
Thomasservices
Kudos: 48
14 Oct 2014
Hi Andy,

We sell ecommerce services in Australia to a world wide audience.

We use modern online accounting systems like Xero for small businesses. we also use a new debtor management system called IODM.this system allows for automated debtor tacking and even enabled a user to send text message reminders or reminder letters.

Our newest service in ecommerce is e marketing.

This is system permits a user to develop a website, advert, blurb or spiel, based upon industry lines.

It shows methods for increasing revenue.

We have an IT developer for mobile apps, websites and ebay shops etc,

Have a look at www.thomasservices.com.au .

Steven Thomas cpa

[Last edited: 14 Oct 2014]
Supplier
Devon United Kingdom
Mole End
Kudos: 43
21 Oct 2014
We use the following :

Mole End One Stop Automation for automated order management
Mole End Google Base to list on Google shopping
One Stop Order Processing to manage our order processing from our 7 Sellerdeck shops, Amazon and eBay UK, eBay Austrailia
Sellerdeck for our websites and some hosting
Hanson Web Design for some hosting
Random River for website design

we also work with a fulfillment warehouse and an office management company and we ship our products with ukmail.

Regards,

Jan Strassen

[Last edited: 21 Oct 2014]

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister