Which do you generate more revenue through, Amazon or eBay?

Poster
Nottingham, United Kingdom United Kingdom
Parcelhub
Kudos: 173
Which do you generate more revenue through, Amazon or eBay?
16 Sep 2014
Which do you generate more revenue through, Amazon or eBay? Or through your eCommerce store?

[Last edited: 16 Sep 2014]
Sending 1000, 500 or even 10 Parcels a Day?
Save Time and Money with Parcelhub.co.uk
Johns Creek, GA United States
gregoryspaint
Kudos: 20
Re: Which do you generate more revenue through, Amazon or eB
29 Sep 2014
So I am a brick & mortar retailer exploring the possibility of selling online, I have done ebay before but not through our store. How does one sell through Amazon? I am not sure if it goes against everything I believe by being an independent retailer. Does anyone have any feedback?
Thanks!
Rebecca
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
30 Sep 2014
Actually, just the other day WebRetailer posted a pretty helpful article when it comes to information like this.

Check it out: www.webretailer.com/lean-comme...tics-marketplace-seller-survey

It offers a really informative snapshot of how sellers make their money and where they find success, from marketplace to marketplace.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
30 Sep 2014
Why not sell on both? Why limit yourself? In any case, currently for my niche, eBay represents 74% of my online sales, with Amazon at 23%. The remainder is mostly websites. To be fair, I haven't spent much time marketing my websites. It takes time to learn this. These are 2014 YTD numbers. I will say that Amazon appears to be coming on strong - it is up 52% over YTD last year for us. However, we have also spent considerable time focusing on Amazon which made the growth difference.
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
30 Sep 2014
We totally agree - sellers definitely have the most success when they avoid limiting themselves to a single selling channel, and instead go with the multi-channel approach, integrating both shopping carts AND marketplaces.
Supplier
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
14 Oct 2014
It is definitely good idea to go more than one channel and increase the revenue.
By the way has anyone heard of fishpond.co.uk ?
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics