Best Company Ever (almost)

Poster
JacksDeals
Kudos: 15
starstarstarstarstar
Best Company Ever (almost)
23 Oct 2014
I saw this page with bad reviews and I had to write something. I love SolidCommerce and I wouldn’t be growing as a business if it were not for this software and these people. My current account manager is amazing: he has given me a tremendous amount of help navigating eBay, setting up feeds from my vendors, introducing me to new marketplaces, and he has even fixed a few issues we caused ourselves. Sometimes he is too busy and I call the support line, people get busy.

I use the Quickbooks integration and while the initial offering was rockey, I am thrilled with the new integration. It has been helpful and efficient.

I love that there are easy ways to use Excel. It means I don’t have to train new staff in a software package. I can give them a tool they already know, while having more advanced tools available for trained staff.

I started with just myself as a side business three years ago, now I have 8 full time people and 2 part-timers. I credit a lot of that growth to SolidCommerce. I am able to run eBay, Amazon, New Egg, and Sears as well as 5 web stores, all in SolidCommerce.

A lot of the complaints fall under the moniker of “garbage in, garbage out.” If you have bad habits and bad data, no system will work for you, it will just make matters worse. If Amazon has taught us anything, e-commerce is a data driven game. You must have clean, usable data to list; your inventory has to be spot on before you place it into a software package; you need to know the rules of the marketplaces you want to sell in; and the data feeds you get from your vendors has to be impeccable. No software can clean up crud and make it pretty. Software speeds up your process, good and bad.

When I started, I was listing on eBay with a single small store. I used the listing and shipping pieces. Today I actually have orders that need management. Orders for my vendors are automatically routed to them, orders for us are organized into easy to read pick-lists, we use some bar coding functionality which is great, when I had an issue with NewEgg my account manager had NewEgg on the phone within minutes, my shipping process is super simple with discounted shipping and easy rules for choosing USPS/FedEx/UPS as needed, we are in the process of adding some additional lines of business because adding new vendors and stores really is that easy. When I asked about adding a completely new marketplace, one that they don’t support, I was immediately given instructions on a work around with my account manager actively helping me simplify the process. When I was thinking about selling internationally, out popped some training on the good, bad, and ugly that I needed to consider and who could help me.

The review about a contract makes no sense to me. I don’t have a contract, one of the selling points when I started was that there wasn’t a contract. No one has ever suggested a contract. I pay as I go.

Yes, the UI is ugly, I am not much to look at either but I certainly can get the job done.

Have there been bumps in the road? Absolutely but far less than I have had with any Microsoft product. Maybe that isn’t the best compliment. But the software works. Like any software, every once in a while there is a hiccup.

Cons: Sometimes my account manager is too busy to get back to me and I need to call the support line.
I want to learn even more about the software at my own speed, it would be nice to have a user manual or even some videos.
United States United States
Sy84
Kudos: 134
Re: Best Company Ever (almost)
3 Jul 2015
Best company ever
This company is a JOKE. Customer service is minus 100! i could not talk to my account manager since they made me sign the contract.. you are lucky if they are getting back to you. After first 5 days, he never helped or called to see if everything is fine. customer support already sucks. until you reach tier 3 which is the dept. that can help my problem bc tier 1 and 2 has less knowledge than i have .
This is def. not for high volume sellers. they will lose a lots of money if there is a problem and they wont fix 3-4 weeks.

Software is good and potential to be even better but with the customer support they provide , i would never ever suggest it to anyone!

[Last edited: 6 Jul 2015]
leo1234
Kudos: 21
17 Jul 2015

Sy84 wrote:

Best company ever
This company is a JOKE. Customer service is minus 100! i could not talk to my account manager since they made me sign the contract.. you are lucky if they are getting back to you. After first 5 days, he never helped or called to see if everything is fine. customer support already sucks. until you reach tier 3 which is the dept. that can help my problem bc tier 1 and 2 has less knowledge than i have .
This is def. not for high volume sellers. they will lose a lots of money if there is a problem and they wont fix 3-4 weeks.

Software is good and potential to be even better but with the customer support they provide , i would never ever suggest it to anyone!
support is garbage. I feel like i deal with a FREE software. No responses, no resolutions and like you said - I have more knowledge. I end up figuring out all my problems myself.

Opened a secondary account & I had to guide myself through it all. Yes I paid for this too!!
Meridian Idaho United States
Ink Pipeline
Kudos: 39
1 Sep 2015
Yeah, My experience was horrible with Solid Commerce too. I am currently using them but looking for alternatives. I work in IT and I am a Excel expert. This program has many glitches and no support. It is taking them days to get back to people for the simplest of issues. Some issues are so immense I have given up even trying to get help. They will not answer the phone and when they get back to you, they dont even give you the right answer or only half the answer. I have called the Vice President of the company....doesnt care. I have called the CEO....doesnt care. Use this crap at your own risk.
USA Internet Retailer
Kudos: 72
16 Nov 2015
Yeah... I agree with most everyone here. This system has potential, but support to NON-Existant.

They have ZERO interest in you business success.
Report review abuse

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office