Have you found your top selling lines being sold by Amazon ?

Poster
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
Have you found your top selling lines being sold by Amazon ?
1 Nov 2014
I have recently heard that Amazon stocks your top selling lines.

Has this happened to you ?
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
United States United States
robertw477
Kudos: 60
Re: Have you found your top selling lines being sold by Amaz
1 Jan 2015
@DayToDayEbay To a degree Amazon makes some very poor choices in stocking lines my company has. Certain novelty items that really don't have huge turnover. So stocking top turnover lines is to expected, for me I can't believe some of the things they bother to carry. I stock these items on several platforms and areas so I continue to carry them.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
1 Feb 2015
Amazon will sell anything that they can make money on !
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Supplier
Seattle United States
HydraSale
Kudos: 40
19 Feb 2015
Amazon is split into 2 separated arms (built to compete against each other) and to ultimately drive prices down for buyers (their primary interest). Two arms are Amazon Retail and Amazon 3P (3rd parties). Sales data is clearly visible to Amazon retail from Amazon 3P's. If it makes sense, they will go directly to the manufacturer and purchase the product to drive prices down. The impact is more buyers...
Josh Nelson
Co-Founder & President
Seller Actions by HydraSale
www.hydrasale.com
206-599-9016
josh.nelson@hydrasale.com
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
21 Feb 2015
Sorry but I disagree with @HydraSale.

Amazon do not always purchase products to drive prices down. They buy them because they feel they can make money on them. Like any seller on Amazon.

If they just wanted to drive prices down they would have the lowest (or close to the lowest) selling price making other sellers lower their prices.

On a lot of the items that we sell that we are in competition with Amazon on, they are usually around 20% more expensive than us. They rely on their Prime service and the Amazon name to win customers. Add to this the fact that they can hide their feedback, sell pre order stuff and still get the buy box and they are on to a winner !

Let us not forget that the higher the price, the more Amazon makes from each sale.

Ian

[Last edited: 28 Feb 2015]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister