Feels like malware

Poster
etailEverywhere
Kudos: 20
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Feels like malware
11 Nov 2014
Posted everywhere in the install instructions: "it is VERY important that you turn User Access Control (UAC) off (and leave it off) BEFORE installing AMan Pro."

I refused to follow this step and could not find a 'cancel' button nor any process or application to kill the program in Task Manager. For ten minutes, I repeatedly got popups trying to get me to turn off UAC. This would allow the program to make any modifications to my hard drive that it wants without notifying me that they're being made - it could download and run anything it wants on my computer without me knowing.

Download at your own risk. The developers have ignored modern security practices, and request that you actively subvert the security policies in place on your computer..

Use the original installer to uninstall.

[Last edited: 11 Nov 2014]
Supplier
United States United States
SpaceWare
Kudos: 20
Re: Feels like malware
25 Nov 2014
Hi,
Kevin for SpaceWare here. AMan Pro does require UAC to be off for Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is because of issues with UAC in those OSes. Windows XP does not have UAC and it is not required from Windows 8 as there are no longer issues. The application is certainly not malware and is in use by hundreds of users on those platforms.

The application name is Amazon.exe . The product may be uninstalled using Windows Control Panel (via Programs and Features) or via the uninstall option in the SpaceWare-AMan Pro menu in the normal All Programs via the Start button.

Thanks
Kevin www.spaceware.com
Report review abuse

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister