Are you trying any different marketplaces?

Poster
Linguagloss
Kudos: 57
Re: Are you trying any different marketplaces?
8 Apr 2015
Did you know that UKTI has negotiated deals with various platforms around the world to encourage international sales? They help you access these platforms at special rates so you can sell globally 24/7. More details here: www.gov.uk/e-exporting
(No I don't work for them!)
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
8 Apr 2015
Hi @Linguagloss, thanks for the info.

On that page I saw:

UKTI wrote:

UKTI have negotiated discounted rates for UK retailers and brands to list their products on some of the world’s major e-commerce platforms and e-marketplaces. These include Amazon (US), Mercado Libre (Latin America) and Alibaba (China).
Do you know how much they are discounted by, and how sellers can access those rates? It looks like you have to meet a UKTI adviser etc. Are there criteria for that e.g. business size?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
UK United Kingdom
Linguagloss
Kudos: 57
8 Apr 2015
At least for the UKTI East region and to the best of my knowledge, there are no size restrictions. They have an ambitious target to increase UK exports by 2020 and want to encourage businesses of all sizes to go global: www.gov.uk/government/publicat...export-drive/2020-export-drive

The opportunities for ecommerce are massive around the world. I don't have the details of the discounts but would be happy to put you in touch with someone - or you could simply contact them via the UKTI website.

Always happy to talk more about going global.

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager