eBay sales are down compared to Amazon???

Poster
simonthepieman
Kudos: 166
eBay sales are down compared to Amazon???
16 Nov 2014
Hi an open question to all retailers?

My eBay sales have completely flat lined.

I sell on eBay Amazon and my own website.

Whilst the other two platforms have been going great. However my eBay sales have barely climbed in two years - As it seems to take 30% to 40% of my time i'm starting to think of cutting effort,

its obvious eBay are trying to turn themselves into Amazon

I have jumped through ever hoop asked.

1) I set all my local post charges to free
2) I have redone most of my images.(to look like Amazon!)
3) I tried listing all the other European ebay channels.
Unfortunately I received some negative rating on the German version, kind of ridiculous as it my best selling channel on Amazon, So I managed to sell abut 10 items of which 2 went bad. This basically set my approval rating to 80% ???

What ebay fail to tell you when you start listing elsewhere. is that receiving a low appraisal in one channel will effect your WHOLE account, I my case I had my account limit capped and I had all of my uk listings blocked as they offered international postage,

So i'm well miffed huge amount of effort translating the items into each language and putting them up for ZERO return.

Trying not to turn this into a rant but I wonder has anyone else fell foul of the eBay policies?

And more importantly are there any methods i can employ to improve my sales, before i quit?

Or is it possible my poor sales are due to fact eBay is loosing ground against amazon?

Simon
United Kingdom United Kingdom
kylehh
Kudos: 15
Re: eBay sales are down compared to Amazon???
17 Nov 2014
Yep, same here. We haven't gone on to Amazon because they were too expensive compared to eBay, however it's continually looking like the wrong decision.

We couldn't completely absorb shipping fee's to comply with eBay's new policies so prices had to rise, however I was expecting better placement in eBay's Best Match search to counter this. It was after all what eBay were promising for complying with their listing policies.

It takes up far too much time to list on eBay, their catalogue doesn't hold any of the items we sell (household appliances) which means I'm having to find information about an item and take photographs, which you don't have to do on Amazon.

We're upgrading our website soon anyway, after which I'm sure we'll switch tact and dump eBay. I thought I'd see how Christmas goes, however halfway into November it's looking certain to fail.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
simonthepieman
Kudos: 166
Re: eBay sales are down compared to Amazon???
17 Nov 2014
@kylehh

thanks for your input - do you use the listings stay up (when 0) to to set to TRUE flag?

SImon

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager