sales tax calculation

Poster
random
Kudos: 30
sales tax calculation
13 Jun 2006
Hi everyone,

I'm doing research on auction management software for a sales project and have hit sort of a roadblock in finding the right software.

I need to be able to charge the buyer sales tax based on their location, down to the local city or county level (if applicable). However, the majority of systems that I've looked at (mpire, Marketworks, Andale, all software supported by ebay) only offer 'tax tables' that process sales tax on the flat state level--how is this supposed to account for states with multiple tax jurisdictions?

I know that ChannelAdvisor offers a tax calculation service, but their monthly subscription fee is much higher. Does anyone know of a relatively cheap auction software that has this local tax calc capability?

Thanks!
Supplier
Prescott, Arizona United States
Clar Software Services
Kudos: 70
Re: sales tax calculation
16 Jun 2006
You know, I've always thought that sales tax at the buyer's location only was necessary when the seller's organization had a local sales outlet in that same location. I don't know if local means within the state or county, etc.
Clar Software Services , LLC
928-541-1287 in Prescott, AZ
United States United States
random
Kudos: 30
Re: sales tax calculation
16 Jun 2006
Just to clarify, this sales project is for a large national company that does have business presence throughout the US--so we will be responsible for charging state and local sales taxes.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware