Where is innovation needed?

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Where is innovation needed?
3 Dec 2014
Thanks to Trevor Ginn of Hello Baby for suggesting this topic.

What parts of your business do you want to improve, automate or outsource but you just can't find anyone who does it yet?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Pittsburgh,PA,USA United States
deevho
Kudos: 72
Re: Where is innovation needed?
3 Dec 2014
@Andy @davidsdeliciouschocolates I am constantly trying to improve my website, add new products fitting my niche market, adding new whistles to my newsletter and trying to keep up with my blog plus establishing links between my site and healthy food blogs. I am a one armed paper hanger but being so underfunded I am unable to employ help. I need website help, I need blogposting help and I need social nets help. I wake up at night and yell HELP! driving my wife crazy.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
3 Dec 2014
Google Product Listing ads management. It just seems very unclear and unnecessarily complicated. More growth innovations would be nice. Marketplaces seem to be going away to more specialty sites.
Garland, Texas United States
Retail Web Diva
Kudos: 150
5 Dec 2014
I am an online seller. I find that innovation is needed to come up with unique, useful products to sell online. I really enjoy that part of it.

Other than that, I need a secretary to do all the stuff I don't like to do!

Lawanna Bean
Pepper Spray Etc. Store
Lawanna Bean
minna Nigeria
ibeojoh
Kudos: 20
11 Dec 2014
designing, owning and hosting of a website is precisely where I am in need of anything for now
Decatur, IL United States
Dots Gems
Kudos: 56
12 Dec 2014
@Andy I need a great logo, I have tried a few places online and have not found what I am looking for. Any suggestions, any would help, thanks. Sally
Sally Nihiser
United States United States
Pankaj Diiman
Kudos: 15
14 Dec 2014
hi m diiman

for every innovation a good marketing and good workers r requiered if u have not thrse u cant do anything...and for new innovation moneybis the main reason...so I suggest that for every bussiness innovation is requiered.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
15 Dec 2014
@Dots Gems Check out fiverr. Ebay also has sellers that will design a logo for you.
Spain Spain
Yggdrasils Seller
Kudos: 50
30 Dec 2014
It's a question I've always wondered and it's difficult to find the solution. Allow me introduce myself, I'm an spanish unemployed graphic designer who is starting in a virtual store. My experience is short, only four months. I started on ebay. At the moment I buy wholesale items of Asia and Europe and I sell this items in Europe. In my short experience I realize that most sold items are original, unique, that have something different and original. I think that's the way. The cheapest way to get a low cost on a product is manufacturing it. We are making mead, we tried it once and it worked among close people. Now we let ferment mead in barrels, with valves and later we will leave in French oak barrels. I don't think that the mead is the future ... It's how you done this mead to make it special. Making a difference. We are going to make dolls like those in the movie "Labyrinth", so far only one test from my wife and me. The idea is to manufacture and sell. And many more things to find "our market," I'm just an apprentice, but in my short experience I think we have to make a difference in something we like, but the difference. Sell items that everyone sells ... is not the solution.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,254
1 Jan 2015
Innovation is not needed in the products we sell, but in the way we deliver then to the customer.

More and more, customers want the products we sell when they want them, not when we say they can have them. They do not want to pay extra for that privilege either.

One of my contracts is with a company who are wholesalers of linen products. When I started with them they were wholesaling all over the country with a couple of their own shops.

They now have a large internet presence through ebay, Amazon and their own websites and around 15 bricks and mortar stores.

These stores are small and can not carry the full range of stock, but rolling out during the first quarter of 2015, all stores will have access to the main warehouse stock and can show additional items to the customer via tablet / laptop. If a customer is looking for a specific item that is held in stock at the main warehouse it can be delivered to store next day or in some cases same day, or delivered to their chosen address. This has been trialed in a couple of stores and has proved popular / successful. We are also looking to expand this to market traders who do regular market days.

This gives the customer the convenience of choosing what they want from a vast range on-line, as well as the opportunity to look at the item without having to pay for it and no return costs if they do not like it.

We also did a trial on ebay from the 1st to the 29th November with virtually identical listings both for the same item.

Listing 1 had a subtitle 'free 2nd class delivery' with the option of 1st class for £2 more.

Listing 2 had a subtitle 'free 1st class delivery' but cost £2 more than listing 1

Listing 2 outsold listing 1 at the rate of 3 to 1.

Customers want it fast and don't want to pay extra for it !

Ian

[Last edited: 1 Jan 2015]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
2 Jan 2015

Retail Web Diva wrote:

I am an online seller. I find that innovation is needed to come up with unique, useful products to sell online. I really enjoy that part of it.

Other than that, I need a secretary to do all the stuff I don't like to do!

Lawanna Bean
Pepper Spray Etc. Store
Hi Lawanna @Retail Web Diva,

You should invest your time into training a virtual assistant. This way, you can focus on the things you like to do =)

[Last edited: 2 Jan 2015]
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder