E Seller Pro VS Channel Advisor - help please

Poster
HappyHappySue
Kudos: 25
E Seller Pro VS Channel Advisor - help please
18 Jun 2006
Hi all,

I desperately need some new software that will automate all my ebay listing and back-office processes.

I've had two demo's so far, Channel Advisor Merchant and E Seller Pro (Marketworks won't answer email or the phone!).

My preference for look, feel and price is E Seller Pro but I wondered if there there's anyone out there that is using this type of software and can offer some advice?

Many thanks!

Sue
United Kingdom United Kingdom
beanian
Kudos: 20
Re: E Seller Pro VS Channel Advisor - help please
19 Jun 2006
We have used E-Seller since last November and I can honestly say it is the best software available. It totally automates all of your back office needs, handles all E-Bay sales, delivery notes, payments, stock, custom e-mails etc etc.

Support is outstanding,they respond extremely quickly and listen when we ask for functions to be tailored for us.

To me there is just one decision to make - BUY - IT-NOW.

Ian
HappyHappySue
19 Jun 2006
Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I was impressed by E Seller Pro's response time and the demo of their product. It seems very strong re back-office automation.

Can you tell me if you find the ad-writing and scheduling side of the programme is quick to use?

I sell hundreds of unique products each week and therefore need to be able to write an ad, populate it with photos and list it very quickly.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Sue
beanian
Kudos: 20
19 Jun 2006
Anything with E-Seller seems possible.

We use HTML templates that you can upload into the listing tool, but really it is up to you.

In true - E-Seller fashion - if you talk to them and explain what your requirements are, they will come up with the goods, within reason obviously.

Ian
Poppygirl
Kudos: 211
19 Jun 2006
I have never seem E seller so can't comment but I am more than happy to comment on channel merchant. To me thats the best software available! So it all comes down to which is better for your paticular business and of course pricing. Channel M is great for merchants wanting easy scaleability, accounting reports, shipping reports, preformance reports etc.
The way you create eBay postings is in this way:

Your inventory (1000's)
Your Posting Template (about 5 or 6) to tell you where you are going to post them item, which price form inventory to use etc
Your design ( as many as you want really, design is easy a tag/macro based)
Optional Schedule (Not required, but this helps in automation and includes a maintain function to make sure popular items are never off eBay/marketplace when they are purchased.

The checkout is a clean process, and integrates with cybersource and optimal payments for cards (in the UK) and paypal pro ( US) as well as others specific to each country!

I have found it a robust and cheap way to do business. 2% of GMS (not inc shipping) is cheap really, and I am sure if your in the higher GMS they will make you a deal.

Poppy
HappyHappySue
19 Jun 2006
Thanks Ian, I shall speak to the E Seller guys some more.

Hi Poppy,

Thanks for the advice. My main problem with Channel M is the cost - 500.00 GBP per month!

I tried to use Channel Advisor Pro but the support guys there said that my business was too big for Pro and that I should use Channel Advisor Merchant.

The Channel Advisor Merchant sales person said that I should scale-up my business further before using Merchant or the fees would not be cost effective, but added that I could not scale up using their Pro software!

I think I've fallen down a Channel Advisor hole as I am too big for one product and not big enough for the other.
Poppygirl
19 Jun 2006
Ahh, I went through a company called improvingfutures with my channel dealings, they are partners with channel, and also do design...I won't advertise their website here but you can google them and see what they can do for you.

Poppygirl
United States United States
idiocrates
Kudos: 15
14 Jul 2006
Hi. How much does eSellerPro cost? Would it make sense for a seller with 200 auctions/mo. and a few hundred Ebay store items? Thanks for your help.
captaindave
Kudos: 85
16 Jul 2006
Hi,

Sorry to be late to the party, but I hope my 2 cents will still be welcome.

Our eBay sales tripled in four months after we went live with Channel Advisor’s Merchant, and the end is not in sight. It is a powerful tool with tremendous automation. It will also help propel you from eBay into other markets.

That said, in our experience it works best if you sell the same item over and over again. It would be less ideal for someone with many unique, one-of-a-kind items, like antiques or collectables. There is also a good deal of start up work required, and if you are not at least a gold power seller, their minimum monthly fee makes it can be expensive as a percentage of each sale. Their technical support and training is excellent.

In my opinion, Channel Advisor Merchant is the solution for high-volume eBay sellers.

--Dave
Seller1
Kudos: 385
18 Jul 2006
This all depends on what you want to do with your business. The problem is that nobody understands your business like you do. Every business is specific and has specific needs. For the past 5 years, E commerce software companies have been leading the way with their programs. But, it's always been a question in my mind why they sometimes feel like they are the boss of you, when you have specific needs. What if you are selling on Amazon and have a website and do all sorts of other things? What if you have accounting needs? What if you actually like to keep track of your inventory and funds perfectly? Ask just about any auction software management company and they'll tell you either they flat out can't do it, are working on it, or that you can simply export things to Quickbooks through .xml documents. This is a new day and age where each business has all sorts of needs like this. Do not trust anyone to tell you what you should do, or limit your needs! Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's dive into each of those programs.

Are you just trying to sell 200 auctions on eBay alone? Or are you interested in selling in Amazon, and a website as well. E Seller Pro can bring all those elements into one and give you what you personally need. Take a look at the sellers that have over 100,000 feedback. They are using Marketworks and occasionally Channel. I think Channel might work for your 200 auctions, but if you want to maximize your sales and be able to increase 200 to 400 virtually overnight, then I would say switch to Marketworks or even E Seller Pro. Channel Advisor is weak in a sense that you can't maximize your sales and company organization. Reporting isn't how it should be...in my opinion. You really have to ask yourself what you're looking to do. You should be able to track the success of your auctions, organize sales, and more advanced techniques that are automated. The goal is to get you out of daily tasks and more on macro perspective. With Channel you will not be able to do this. Ask the people who posted on here how much feedback they have. I'll be surprised they have over 5 digits of feedbacks.

E Seller Pro has so much promise and can answer a lot of your questions. I would put my money on them and no I don't work for them. Give them a call. Look into other companies as well and check out the differance.
Poppygirl
19 Jul 2006
Wow? Are you on commision? Doing more research ( as i have another ID which used to use Marketworks and is a lower key channel which I was gonna try eSeller Pro with) I am not confident in a new company with loads of promises and no links on their testimonials page. I shall wait and see the proof in the pudding. I make that mistake with marketworks!
songforjunior
Kudos: 15
19 Jul 2006
So glad I found this post. I've heard about e-seller pro but I don't know what it does exactly. I've read their site and I'm still not clear. I've looked into Marketworks and Channel Advisor, which seem to be similar in many ways. Is e-seller pro also similar? Can anyone tell me what is different about it?
Cheers!
Seller1
Kudos: 385
21 Jul 2006
E Seller Pro brings everything into one place...it accurately keeps all your streams of income and inventory in one place. That means if you are selling on multiple places...ebay, amazon, yahoo, and your own webpage, you can control it all. The problem with most ecommerce software is that you can't track the numbers well. Even if you use a program like Quickbooks it's difficult to get everything programmed in and exported properly. E Seller Pro is also great in a lot of other ways which you should check into. They funcation just like any other ecommerce software would...Marketworks, Kyozou, channel, Vendio, Auctiva, etc. They are a relatively new company, but they are so different than the others in their features, personality, support, and smarts. Just put it this way...the only thing this company hasn't done is ecommerce. They have extensive experience doing inventory and accounting for major companies in the UK. Just check them out. I have used over 5 major auction software companies to be met with disappointment with pretty much all of them.
Jaade
Kudos: 120
22 Jul 2006
clipped

[Last edited: 26 Jul 2006]
Florida United States
blackstar
Kudos: 328
28 Jul 2006

Seller1 wrote:

E Seller Pro brings everything into one place...it accurately keeps all your streams of income and inventory in one place. That means if you are selling on multiple places...ebay, amazon, yahoo, and your own webpage, you can control it all. The problem with most ecommerce software is that you can't track the numbers well. Even if you use a program like Quickbooks it's difficult to get everything programmed in and exported properly. E Seller Pro is also great in a lot of other ways which you should check into. They funcation just like any other ecommerce software would...Marketworks, Kyozou, channel, Vendio, Auctiva, etc. They are a relatively new company, but they are so different than the others in their features, personality, support, and smarts. Just put it this way...the only thing this company hasn't done is ecommerce. They have extensive experience doing inventory and accounting for major companies in the UK. Just check them out. I have used over 5 major auction software companies to be met with disappointment with pretty much all of them.
I was going to reply to this, but realized that pretty much everything I was going to say has been stated here.