What's your new year's resolution?

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
What's your new year's resolution?
2 Jan 2015
Happy new year all!

This time of year everyone's thinking about making changes. What are you going to start, stop, or change for 2015?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Spain Spain
Yggdrasils Seller
Kudos: 50
Re: What's your new year's resolution?
2 Jan 2015
First look for new ways of business in Spain, whose economy is heavily affected. In a few weeks we will start with mead. I have a friend who organizes medieval markets throughout Spain and possibly he will help me in spreading this product. For the rest, grow my little online shop
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
2 Jan 2015
@Yggdrasils Seller

I took at look at your listings on eBay and a lot of your items are small and can be easily shipped globally. Have you looked into cross border trading and listing on the other eBay marketplaces? I think this would be a great way to increase your business and by utilizing your existing resources.
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
2 Jan 2015
I'm going to make it a goal to blog at least once a week. Whether it be for 2nd Office, my personal blog, another company, or another web site. I want to start writing more and sharing knowledge with eCommerce sellers in hopes that I could of helped them one way or another in helping them grow their business.

What are your goals for 2015? @Andy

[Last edited: 2 Jan 2015]
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
2 Jan 2015

2nd Office wrote:

Hey Carlo, I'm asking the questions here! Just kidding.

Outsourcing is job #1. My time is full and there's more I want to do, so some stuff has to be dropped or outsourced.

Then I want to add some big new resources to the site. Don't want to say more yet but it will be more content for small/medium businesses (worldwide) selling online.

And I want to do more "big" blog pieces with original research (or similar). Hopefully I'll kick that off in a couple of weeks.

Other than that all the usual stuff around being more disciplined, making small improvements every day yadda yadda yadda
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Montreal Canada
patrickrabbat
Kudos: 53
2 Jan 2015
Getting more exposure and hence sales
Decatur, IL United States
Dots Gems
Kudos: 56
2 Jan 2015
My new years resolution is to invest in my education particularly in marketing. I feel the key to making a successful online business is 1: selling a great product then 2: marketing that product.
Sally Nihiser
Glendale Heights,Il. United States
ReadyMadeDiaperCakes
Kudos: 42
2 Jan 2015
My New Year's resolution is to thrive more in my business.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
3 Jan 2015
Our 2015 plan has 3 specific goals:

1. Increase sales by 15%
2. Lower overhead as a percentage of revenue from 17% to 15.5%.
3. Increase gross profit as percentage of revenue by 3 points.

I have tactics to help me achieve 2 and 3. The only thing I have for increasing sales so far is to add more products. Tactics for increasing sales is my real achilles heal - just not my strong point.
Spain Spain
Yggdrasils Seller
3 Jan 2015

2nd Office wrote:

@Yggdrasils Seller

I took at look at your listings on eBay and a lot of your items are small and can be easily shipped globally. Have you looked into cross border trading and listing on the other eBay marketplaces? I think this would be a great way to increase your business and by utilizing your existing resources.
Thank you very much for your encouragement I'm starting. At the moment I am shipping only in Europe to avoid more expensive shipments and possible customs fees to be paid by customers. Mainly I'm selling items that I buy in bulk but in some weeks I'll start to sell crafts made by me and my wife. We also want to start bottling mead that is fermenting. We want to create a small business for us and gradually make it grow. Mainly we want to dedicate ourselves making mead and puppetry like the movie "laberinth" style of Jim Henson. We're doing some tests.
Spain Spain
Yggdrasils Seller
3 Jan 2015

2nd Office wrote:

I'm going to make it a goal to blog at least once a week. Whether it be for 2nd Office, my personal blog, another company, or another web site. I want to start writing more and sharing knowledge with eCommerce sellers in hopes that I could of helped them one way or another in helping them grow their business.

I like your blog, it has very interesting articles about ebay and ecomerce. Thank you for sharing
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,251
9 Jan 2015
Tidy my desk at least once a month !

Anything not dealt with is obviously not important so into the bin, or on the floor, it will go !

Ian
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Texas United States
deanna
Kudos: 28
11 Jan 2015
My New Year's Resolution is to finally open/reopen a few of my online shops. They have been on the back burner for far too long!

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First